Thursday 13 January 2011

Universal Studios Singapore - BMTC Cohesion

This will be my second time setting foot in USS (Universal Studios Singapore). The first time I went in was during the Hollywood after hours. Which only cost $7 if I remember correctly. Haha.

This time, I went in not on during the Hollywood After Hours :D I'm in for the real deal! :)

A ticket into USS would cost around $75 - $80 but I got the ticket FOR FREE! :D Haha! That's because my unit or rather, TI (Training Institute), BMTC (Basic Military Training Centre) sponsored all permstaffs a year-end treat to USS! :D

Here's my recollection of this awesome outing :D

I reached, as usual, early. My other spec friends, as usual, are late. Haha. So I went in first...and I bumped into Meng Kha who was also finding his mates...LOLS. Meng Kha's my ASLC platoon mate btw...

So off we went wandering around in this big man-made fairytale paradise.

Our first stop...Some special effects theatre...with Steven Spielberg introducing us to his studio set and all...It was pretty cool...

Inside is a scene of a city getting flooded and basically, the whole place's a catastrophe. Fire was burning everywhere and all...Here's a picture...

FIRE!!

Fire was burning!! On the water!! It was really hot man...you could feel the heat...I was standing with Meng Kha in the back row already and could still feel the heat of the flames...Haha! They showed a huge signboard collapsing and a pillar dropping into a water, splashing water at the first row of people...haha...It was not bad.

After that we further wandered around until our own group of friends came, then we parted ways.

I then exited USS to find my friends at 7-11, which is contiguous to USS. Guess what? They were smoking there -__-" Standard ah.

To avoid their smoke, I went in to 7-11 to blow aircon and all...HAHA! And here comes the MOST AMAZING PART of the story...

I FOUND A S$50 BILL ON THE FLOOR!!!

HALLELUJAH!! Without hesitation and with my quick infantry trained reflexes, I swooped up the $50 dollar note lying helplessly in wait for its new owner...HAHA!

In my generosity, I walked out smiling and announced my God-favoured find. HAHA! We all knew then that we'd have a really good lunch. Haha.

We then re-entered...ok, only I re-entered...They then entered USS and we began our tour :D

After only 5 minutes into the place, we bumped into boss and his DXO gang. Haha. Boss' outfit was REALLY CUTE! HAHAHA! He was wearing a half hat...those kind you wear for golf games...it's like a rubber strapped across your head with the top of it open-air and the front having a transparent yellow plastic to shield your eyes from the sunlight...haha. He was clad in a standard polo-T, shorts and shoes.

We all went there and greeted them and talked and laugh for awhile. He asked me about my asthma attack which occurred 2 days before and all...haha.

Before we left them, I heard Mr Twan commenting on our leg hair... -____-" HAHAHA! Since we're always in smart four and the DXOs always in formal wear, seeing our leg hairs is quite a rare affair. LOLS!

After another 5 minutes from our departure from boss & gang, we bumped into our RSM (Regimental Sergeant Major), 1WO Raju Pethannasamy. HAHA! Don't ask me how I remember his name man...haha...& that's not his full name yet...LOLS!

Navin was so excited about seeing him and wanted to take a photo with him. We all supported his idea and this is the outcome...

Me, Mark, Navin, Uncle Raju, Leslie, Joseph & 2WO Hussein

Don't ask me what was warrant Hussein doing in the picture man. I didn't even know he was in it! HAHA! After our picture with him Warrant Raju was pretty happy. He said in his usual ultra-low, baritone ranged and scary vocals "You guys really made my day. I want  you all to send me this photo, email me."

We all laughed, exchanged pleasantries and headed to our first ride...The ACCELERATOR (If I remember correctly)!! In short, it's a teacup ride. -.-" LOLS!

In the teacup with Navin...haha. Navin acting cool & looking at the wrong camera...LOLS!

We walked on and Leslie was on about this chio bu and was talking about taking a picture with her and all...haha. After all the talk, it was me who initiated the photo shoot with her while Leslie & the rest chickened out...Haha! That's Leslie for you. haha.

Mark, Joseph, Leslie's Chio Bu & Myself :)

We continued walking and snapped random photos with random characters that randomly popped out along the way. Haha.

I have no idea what cartoon character is this...haha.

The famed Charlie Chaplin :D Navin stole his hat btw...haha.

Oh, if you're wondering who's the other Indian guy behind Navin, he's Leslie's friend, Saran. Who also coincidentally is Anne's 1st 3 months JC friend! haha! Small world.

We then went to take this air-seat ride. Don't know what it's called but basically it's a flying chair ride...HAHA! Looks pretty scary citing the speed and the height drops. So we enthusiastically went in and joined the queue...

After queuing for about 40minutes...we were only halfway there... -__-" And a bunch of school 2 branch people just joined the queue and they were "1 floor" below us...so they helped us take a photo! :D haha!

Me, Mark, Saran, Navin, Leslie & Joseph :D

After queuing for another 30mins, we were only 75% there -__-" And another of our own HQ guys were also in the queue, below us...haha! Once again, phototaking time! :D

Saran, Me, Leslie, Mark, Navin, Joseph & the guy below...Ryan :)

We queued a total of 1hr30mins just to sit a 53second ride!!! The ride was ok, not very thrilling or butterfly churning...and the ride is SOOOO SHOOORRTTT... -__-"

After that we sat the best indoor roller coaster ride there is inside USS...THE MUMMY.


It was shiok man...the riding time was good and it was thrilling! The ride did churn butterflies on my first seating...Haha. It was so fun that all of us decided to chiong sua this ride...haha! Taufiq, Navin & I were so chiong sua that we cut queue and got way ahead of the whole group of us together...LOLS!

Taufiq, Navin & Myself inside the waiting area for the Mummy Ride :D

After sitting the ride for like twice already, we knew where the camera was. HAHA! So Taufiq, Navin & myself decided to pose! HAHA! We all lifted our right hands showing a twist sign together when the camera snapped! HAHA!
After the ride we saw the photo on the wall and a lot of people were laughing and pointing at our photo...HAHAHA! 3 funny faces with the same pose, who wouldn't laugh? HAHAHA!

After that we gathered outside the exit. There I saw my SISPEC friends and talked to them. I was telling them of their OC's super scared face caught on camera & making fun of him!! HAHAHA! I was wondering why their laughter was so reserved when I realised that CPT Shaiful was JUST BEHIND ME!!@#$%^&*()__)*&(^($%&I^

When I saw him I immediately said in my engaging, joking tone "Eh, Hi Sir! No hard feelings ar sir...HAHA!" He gave me the embarrassed nod signalling he was ok...HAHA! Next time he's the CDSO and I'm the duty guard, DUA LAO SAI. HAHA!

After that dua lao sai incident of NOT talking behind someone's back, the rest of the TMS gang came out and we took a picture with Chin Loong & Aslam :D haha.

Chin Loon, Joseph, Aslam, Mark, Leslie, Myself & Navin right smack in the front of all of us. Haha.

After that was LUNCH! :) Did I forget to tell you that the USS tickets came with a $5 retail voucher & $5 food voucher? 9 of us eating lunch together meant 9people x $5retail voucher = $45 food discount!!

And oh, did you forget the $50 note I found??? HAHAHA! It was almost a free meal man! LOLS!

We ate at the Pizza place...the pizzas they serve are really big man...and good :D We bought 2 big pizzas! :D

Saran, Leslie, Kimberly (blocked by Leslie's rabak face :P), Ryan (& his act cute face), ME (& my winsome smile), Navin, Mark & Joseph with our PIZZA :D

After lunch we headed to Far, far away! :) It really looks nice from afar man...haha. But upon reaching there, there wasn't much of anything...took a few photos and left...Haha.

Far far away... :D

After that, we went to the water ride...one that you'll get really wet in. I was hesitating whether I should go for the ride because I'm going out later...after much contemplation, I concluded that my rare visit here should not be wasted, so I went.

After like an hour of waiting...they announced, much to our dismay, that the rides were having technical difficulties and had to close... -____-" ONE WHOLE HOUR!!

After that we went back to the Egyptian "The Mummy" indoor roller coaster ride...and guess what? The Mummy was also experiencing technical difficulties!! RABAK LA SIOL!

If I had paid $80 for the ticket and kena such lousy service, I'd make hell lotta noise at their admin office or somewhere man. Thankfully, our trip there's sponsored :D So, swee la! :)

From there, I headed to meet Lebbillie, Yang & Ding Zhou for L4D :D haha.

The trip out of USS was SUPER RABAK! The skytrain queue was UBER LONG MAN!! Queued for 30mins just to get on the skytrain back to Sentosa station -.-" Did I forget to mention? That day (30th December) the USS tickets were entirely sold out... -.-" This explains the waiting time for the rides and for the ride out...-__-" HAHA!

But overall, it was an awesome day!! :)

3 comments:

  1. Hi, where is Warrant Raju now? I was his runner in DB, back in 2000.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. He became rsm of tekong for a long time . Just retired this year

      Delete