Tuesday 4 January 2011

SUDDEN ASTHMA ATTACK!!

Just a day after all the paint ball, archery and massage fun in Johor, I almost died. Like seriously.

That night I slept at around 1am.

I was jolted awake at around 2am because I couldn't breathe properly. I tried to take deep breaths of air but to no avail...I could feel that my lungs were blocked. 50% blocked. I had to breathe twice as hard for half the amount of air.

I felt as if my lungs were waterlogged. My nose was also completely blocked with mucus.

I went to the toilet gulped down tap water in the hope that the water will clear the phlegm but to no avail. My lungs were on fire! I could feel the heat.

I then woke my parents and told him my respiratory plight. My dad & mum was like "HUH?!" My dad immediately got up, grabbed his car keys, gargled his mouth and we were on the way to Changi General Hospital A&E (Accident and Emergency) department.

Upon arrival a nurse attended to me and gave me a breathing gauge or something like that. I was to fully inhale and exhale out fully. The device will then take the reading of my exhalation and determine how badly blocked my respiratory tracts were.

It wasn't all too bad. But it was bad enough to keep me in the hospital for 3 whole hours. 1 hour waiting, 1hour undergoing treatment and 1 hour waiting for consultation.

My treatment involved me getting neubalized. I don't know if I spelt it correctly...Basically they put a gas mask over me and pumped that special gas for me to breathe in. This gas will miraculously clear your respiratory tracts.

I was sitting there for 30mins with that mask on. After that I was made to wait and after the doctor assessed my situation, he sent me to be neubalized again for another 30mins.

After that was about an hour wait for my medication and MC.

That was a close shave with heaven man. HAHA! Although I didn't really feel the 'close shave' kinda feeling, I still think it sort of reminded me that life is fragile and that I should live everyday for Jesus first, others next and myself last.

We always invert this sequence and thus our lives are always so screwed up.

Anyway and above all, THANK GOD FOR HIS HANDS OF PROTECTION AND MERCY! Thank God that I'm still able to blog this post! Hallelujah! :) haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment