Tuesday 4 January 2011

Paintball WARS!! At Danga City Mall :D

It was a Monday morning after Boxing Day...More importantly, it is the morning which I ended my guard duty -_-" So I took the rest of the day off (Hand over duty at 8am) headed home, change, geared up and met the rest to head to Johor! :D

Jon Wee. Mr. AA - Attract Attention. haha!

Jon Wee keeping us entertained while we wait for our turn to board the bus...I don't know why but it seemed like the whole of Singapore was travelling to Malaysia to play paintball too!!! The bus interchange there is as crowded as those in India!! People were everywhere and surrounding the buses.

The only difference is we won't do stunts like clinging onto the bus and all...We just kiasu-ly squeeze our way into the bus...Haha.

After the patience-grooming wait for the bus...we finally arrived....at the Malaysian customs -__-" HAHA!

At Malaysia's customs...Check out my shirt man...It reads "Wanted...dead and alive...Dead to sin and alive in Christ." haha. Ok..the main thing is the WANTED...haha!

Gab, Yourong & Percy :D

Upon reaching the first shopping mall there...the big shopping mall that you'd transit at...We ate their local fast food chain there...called Nando's. Their food is good and it's half the price in M'sia! So yeah, value for money man. Lols!

Marc & I posing with their chili :D

Take 2! :D

JB in JB! Haha. Figure out what JB stands for...hahaha!

Look at Gabriel's disinterest in Xiao Hua's flexing...HAHAHA!

Though it's value for money, I must warn you thought that the service there is really, really sucky man. They are severly understaffed...Asking them for a refill took them around 10minutes before they finally arrive...thankfully not with the wrong drink...haha!

The best thing is, we ordered free flow drinks...So we all paid a flat price for it. Yes the flow is free, but it takes a really looonnnngggg time before it flows into your cup man. HAHAHA!

The most pissing part is...We asked for the bill. 15minutes later, still no bill. A few of us were so ready to just walk out of the store...but of course, the Holy Spirit was present...HAHAHA!

Oh and we bumped into a gang of our young adult ladies there too! Shuling, Sally and gang were also there! Haha. Small world man. So I was like ranting to them aloud...telling them out loud "Better ask for the bill early lei!" and all...haha. We're all quite pissed with them...haha.

After our hearty, but thirsty meal...we all cabbed down to Danga City Mall, where the paintball arena is located! :D

The counter

After checking our booking and ensuring that we made a booking...we all started to suit up. Guess what I wore? I brought my no.4 pants! HAHAHA!

Suiting up...Yes, we (marc & I) wore our slacks & boots! LOLS!

I was actually hesitant about wearing my no. 4 pixelised pants...For fear that I'd be charged for doing so...or if our pictures were uploaded and all...But, in the end, I still brought it...Cos it's the best outfit for such activities...

My fears abated when we arrived there...There was another bunch of like 12 Singaporeans there waiting to play too. They booked the same timeslot as us!

They were all uni students. 8 ORD-ed guys and about 4 of their uni girl friends were there. And guess what? They were in FULL NO.4 PIXELISED UNIFORM...Complete with formation badge, rank and all!! HAHA! I then donned my no. 4 pants without fear, knowing that they'll be charged first. HAHAHA!

Ready to roll...with Nike shoes. DUA LAO SAI. It's gonna turn yellow man...oh wait, it's already half yellow. It's just gonna be full yellow then...haha!

The only 2 siao on soldiers in boots...HAHA!

All ready! Waiting for our safety brief by the conducting officer...HAHA!

Let me explain the game rules to you all. It's somewhat like capture the flag. Both teams start on opposite sides of the map...Duh. We will then have to sneak into the opponent's base without getting shot and sound the buzzer. There's a button at their base. Once you sound the buzzer. You win the round! :D

Full gear, SBO on! If you can't recognise who's who, just go to my facebook and see the tags. HAHA! It was initially tagged wrong too! LOLS!

Off we went shooting, shouting, screaming, scouting and all...haha! The first round my team lost quite badly because we all played really defensively. No one really dared chiong.

After losing 2 rounds, I was quite sianded...We changed team after 2 rounds...my new team was me, yourong, Jon Wee & Percy! Haha!

This time, I was the hero. HAHA! Or rather, I was the "gangster" as labelled by the other group of Singaporeans playing there. We will watch each other play by the way...When it's our turn to play, the other Singaporean group will be outside the arena watching our gameplay. Haha.

So this time, I simply walked straight. I didn't bend down or do a stealthy walk...I just walked calmly forward with my rifle aimed forward with one hand, anticipating any enemy strike.

First one came...Gabriel popped out his head and tried to shoot me but missed...Seeing me walking forward fearlessly, he continued camping and shooting. I then headed for cover. Little did I know that behind the cover was MARC WAN!!

So behind that "wall" I suddenly saw a barrel stick out from the side and shifting its aim toward me!! My immediate reaction was to bring my gun over the "wall" and spam my rounds!! HAHAHA! So Marc's head was showered with rounds! Ok, not his head, thankfully. If not I think he'd be concussed. Haha! I spammed 3 rounds and all 3 rounds hit his shoulder which had a guard...So the paint splashed all around his face. HAHA!

ONE DOWN! HU LEE YA!!!

Next was Gabriel...still hum-ji-ly camping behind a long "wall". I just calmly walked forward and he kept missing me because he stuck his head & gun out very quickly and before he could take aim he fired...For fear I'd return fire. This resulted in his all miss. Haha!

I was about to breach his cover when I was flanked! Another opponent (Anthony or Xiao Hua...forgot) was on my right trying to shoot me! I immediately ducked to the nearest cover and returned fire! I hit the other guy's leg. HAHA! In urban warfare a stoop down position'll work better...but he was SITTING DOWN 90degrees position. HAHA!

There was still Gabriel who was still trying to hit me...HAHA! Once I know the guy on my right is down...I simply walked to Gabriel's "wall" brought my barrel behind it and fired at Gabriel's chest! haha!

The other 2 opponents were getting entertained by Jon Wee & Yourong...while Percy was camping at base defending flag...because he got the most severe injury...A SHOT IN THE NECK! HAHA!

Yup, so I simply walked to the buzzer and pressed it, sounding my team's victory!! HAHAHA!

2nd round I did much the same...they were all in their "scared" mode...Like I was in my first 2 rounds. I basically just kept pushing forward and shot them down.

I learnt that confidence is really important. But of course, you need confidence with skill...I would have died, but somehow the rest were just to overwhelmed with the thought of getting shot that they relented on the quality of their attacks. If they had bothered to aim properly at me from their camping spot, I'd have died. Haha.

Anyway, here's the aftermath of the game...

Percy's neck wound. The worst casualty around. Oh, I forgot to mention...I brought my FAD there! HAHA! So I used my FAD to wrap up his wound. Pity I didn't take a picture of his wrapped up condition. HAHA!

Xiao Hua's arm injury. And as usual, trying to show off his newly gym-ed out muscles. LOLS!

My injury. FYI, this is the area near my butt. HAHA! Pardon the obsceneness but yeah...Even my FLESHY butt sustained a bruise even after being covered by 2 layers of cloth! DLS!

My born-loser injury. The first round I didn't know the floor was so slippery because of the paintball's juice all over...I slipped and cut myself against my own weapon... -_-" HAHAHA! Small one though. LOLS!

After our whole mission, we went to wash up and change...There we further interacted with the Singaporean gang that was there too...in the toilet. HAHA!

Spoke to an ORD-ed officer who was studying in NUS now and was sharing our army stories in the toilet. Haha. Felt like I was in a bunk toilet man. LOLS!

Anyway, after the paintball...we continued our playing spree...shooting arrows! haha! There's an archery shop next to the paintball shop. So yup, we continued with that.

Taking aim...Ok, only Anthony's taking aim. LOLS!

Now I'm taking aim :D Haha

After testing our marksmanship, you'd think we'd all head for dinner. WRONG. We went for a massage! -__-" HAHA! Don't know who's bright idea was it. Haha!

Anyway, it was my first time going for a professional 30min body massage. The rest went for the leg massage while Xiao Hua & myself went for the back, limbs and body massage. Ours involved us lying face flat on the massage bed with a hole for your face....haha.

I was telling the rest that I'm gonna sleep during the massage. That's what I thought.

The massage started and the 30mins I was there trying to tank the pain!!! HAHAHAHA! They pressed into your muscles REAL HARD MAN! DUA LAO SAI!! hahaha! Some parts of the back there are like...holes or gaps and she'd just press her whole elbow into it! WHOA! The best part, she doesn't just press and let go...she presses her elbow in WITH HER BODY WEIGHT and holds it there for like 7SECONDS!!

Words can't describe this torture. We're paying to give ourselves a 30min torture! HAHAHA! Throughout I was trying not to react to the torturous "massage" haha. We talked here and there and I was telling her that she was pressing a tad bit too hard. Haha! She said she'd reduce the pressure...but it didn't feel any different!

She then asked me in Chinese "your first time doing massage ar?"
I was like "yes"
Her reply "No wonder...for first timers it usually is quite pain."

Some parts were ticklish. Xiao hua was laughing away at the ticklish part...making me laugh as well. Haha!

Anyway, I don't think I'll go for a massage of this magnitude again man...hurts to the core. Haha!

Survivors of the 30min ordeal...HAHA!

Finally, we had dinner!! Zi char was good as always. We ate at Sentosa...haha. It's called Sentosa too...After the hearty and oh-so-oily-and-unhealthy meal, we all cabbed back to the mall and took a bus back home.

Had a super fun day! :) I wouldn't mind paintballing again man. Haha. But must change map though. Haha. Xiao Hua, however, had a different conclusion...after kena-ing 2 shots to his biceps, he concluded "Whoa, I'm not gonna play paint ball again already man. So then effing painful." HAHAHA!

Thank God none of us sweared during our paint ball showdown. HAHAHA!

Till next time SOLDIERS! LOLS!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Jonavan,

    Bom Dia & warmest greetings from Nando's Malaysia. Thanks for your feedback. We are very sorry that your experience at Nando's was unsatisfactory. It's indeed important that we have customers such as yourself to provide us with feedback so that we can keep ourselves in check.

    In the event that you have more information(the outlet, date & time of visit) to provide us, please do not hesitate to write to us at peri-peri@nandos.com.my. This will assist us to look into the matter in greater detail.

    We apologize once again for the disappointment. We hope to see you at any of our restaurants soon at your earliest convenience.

    Have a nice day!!

    Peri Regards,
    Marketing Department
    Nando's Malaysia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. & how did you find my post man? Scary. You got an intel unit in your org? haha. We went to Nando's @ City Square Mall outlet on the 28th December around 1pm+

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning Jonavan,

    Well, the power of technology, my friend =]

    Thank you once again for the feedback, & to your friend as well, Jon!

    You guys have a good weekend ahead!

    Peri Regards,
    Marketing Department
    Nando's Malaysia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow what a great blog, i really enjoyed reading this, good luck in your work. Nearest Paintball Shop

    ReplyDelete