Monday 20 September 2010

My Braces Journey: The Clothing

Today was the second most painful visit. Hopefully the next one won't beat today's one! :( haha.

Today is the day the dentist clothed my teeth with pretty metal dresses :D HAHA! These dresses cost far more than the dresses the most ravishing models in the world have worn. They're branded ok? A pretty renowned local brand...the brand's NDC. Sounds familiar eh? Yeah, millions of people have bought their dresses from NDC ok?

Ok, the dresses are not exactly pretty...they're heinous, sharp-edged, waist-hugging, foreignly shiny, mettalic new dresses for my teeth.

Putting them on was the painful part. After about 30mins++ of pushing and shoving and adjusting, my teeth finally decided to wear them. They've been naked for 21 years that now trying to clothe them is kinda hard.

Here's a lil' picture of my newly clothed teeth:

Cool eh? They only dressed my bottom molars. The next visit, they'll dress my upper molars.

And yes, they haven't put the bands across it to tighten and pull my teeth together. That's also done in the next visit I guess...DUA LAO SAI!

So this metal ring will be the fulcrum for the bands that will be introduced soon. The bands will be pulling the teeth together with its pivot at those 2 dressed teeth :D

So far it doesn't hurt that much, but it does restrict a bit of my oral movement...the way I chew and the way I talk...It'd be more awkward. Because when I chew in a certain angle, the sharp metal edges will scrape the side of my mouth. OUCH! So yeah, my mouth movements'll be more cautious now...Haha.

Yup, God give me the grace & garang-ness to sail through this 3-year long ordeal!!

No comments:

Post a Comment