Sunday 12 September 2010

Army Half Marathon 2010

Don't ask me how long I took to run 21km...I'll just tell you now that I completed it. Haha!

At first I didn't know why the run has to start so early...now I know why. To avoid the sun and the peak hour traffic. I woke up @ 3.15am to wash up, eat a bit & meet Navin & Farhan & tampines police post to cab there... -__-"

Only had a meagre 4 hours of sleep -__-"

Anyway, the run wasn't too bad...I started of really well. Striding and all. It was cool. Until the 8km mark...I started to feel the muscle aches in my calves & shin.

I was jogging with Navin throughout...until we reached this 100plus water point at the 10km mark...we both chionged into the crowd and whacked the 100 plus. Whack until we couldn't find each other... -__-" So he just went on lor...And so did I.

The end point seems to be running with me man...with each stride I take, the pain and aches increases...I can feel small blisters developing. I walked the last 4km...HAHAHA! Ok...I walked 3km and the last 1km I jogged.

I was totally pun-chet-ted by then la...Lost my fighting spirit and physique la mainly. Haha.

I was aiming to hit around 2 hour 40mins. Which is a decent, realistic time cap, citing the fact that my CSB 10km took me 50mins & my 16km in Tekong took me 1hr 40mins. Little did I know that walking 3km can kill my whole aim. Haha! I clocked my 21km in 3hours -__-" Pathetic.

But anyway, the medals given out for the 21km non-competitive run was all the same...So for those who ran 1.5hrs & all, we still get the same medal...bleh. HAHA!

Anyway, here's the remaining pictures I snapped :D

Me, Navin & Farhan :D

The 2 most important things in the race. Haha!

My medal! The important words are "21KM FINISHER" :D HAHA!

Yup, had a great run. And I bumped into a lot of friends along the way man...Let me try to recall a few...
1) Shu Yu (ME4 / Captain) when we alighted our cab
2) Zheng Liang who was manning the stretcher at one of the water points
3) Chee Eng who was manning the water point
4) Ivan who was manning some comms set
5) Teck Yong & Kirby. They were running in my fav. colour PT shirt. Haha. Yellow arti PT!
6) Yaser...my BMT mate who is now a SISPEC coyline spec
7) MSG Ahmad...my BSLC PWO
8) Alfin...my SISPEC instructor
9) Ahmad Jumadi...my BMT & SISPEC mate

My legs are still aching...I needa leg massage man. Any to recommend? haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment