Thursday 23 September 2010

Joshua Harris + Marilyn Wong

Was really inspired by a paragraph in Joshua Harris' book "Dug Down Deep". I don't think this is plagarism as it's not even near 2% of his book...HAHA! I'll space the whole paragraph out so that it doesn't look so scarily chunky...haha

"This part of God's plan leaves me speechless. He chooses to include us. With our flaws - with all our weaknesses, petty jealousies, blind spots and ignorance - He lets us play a part in His story.

Why are we still here? Why hasn't He brought us home? Why has He given us a mission that seems so hard? So impossible?

Because he wants to give us stories to tell around the campfires of heaven.

Stories of how He empowered us when we thought we couldn't go on.
Stories of how He enabled us to love in the face of opposition, hatred and even death.
Stories of how He used our weak and feeble voices to announce the saving message of the gospel. Stories of how He saved people we thought were beyond saving.
Stories of how He orchestrated the crashing chaos of world history so people from every nation and tribe and tongue would be represented in His family on the final day.
Stories of how our ineffective churches still managed to put His glory on display."

This nearly brought tears to my eyes as pictures of all of us in heaven flashed across my mind...And we're there sitting in eternity chatting about our not-so-distant past in the temporal world of sin. I imagined God among us laughing with us at our sheer stupidity of decisions and actions that we made on earth; listening intently as we shared our stories of doubt and faithlessness; tearing (I know we can't cry in heaven...that's why it's called "imagine" :D HAHA) as we shared our moments of utter hopelessness, loneliness, betrayal and hurt...

But that is all past...if such a word is applicable in a realm where time is not a constant by which we measure our existence by...

I must say, I've lost sight of eternity. I've been looking so far ahead and measuring success of the church & my Christian life by my own yardstick, not God's. That's what caused me so much disillusionment.

I've still not gotten over it though. I'm so badly disillusioned that I need a time of healing and spiritual LASIK eye surgery...HAHA! To correct my spiritual myopia.

It's really amazing how I can justify my views about God & church so logically that no one can correct me, provide another better perspective or provide me the answer to my heart-wrenching questions.

Oh well, I'm gonna need to go for LASIK eye surgery. The problem is, I can't find the doctor. Haha. Gonna search the directory (Bible) for Him man...

AND, if you're wondering what the latter part of my post title is...here's the story...

I logged into facebook to receive a message from Marilyn Wong (my church member)...
"Hello Jonavan!
think you may be surprised to receive a msg from me,right? haha...
Honestly, I feel nervous to write to you too...haha...well..dont worry, it's Not a confession or whatsoever..haha..

the reason why I'm writing to you is to ask if you are able to lead an evangelistic band for my advanced 21st birthday party on the 6 November 2010 (Sat night)..
God has been speaking to me bout having an evangelistic 21st birthday party since last year...and I really have no idea how to go bout it, neither do i have any experience in this area.. so can i have the honor to ask you to lead an evangelistic band,by using some secular yet meaningful songs to minister to others? i understand that you're still in army and you're also serving in Fish4men :) perhaps you could give me some advice too :)

Hope to hear from you soon! Do not hesitate to give me call at ________ or email me at ___________ :) Thanks! Let me know how i can be praying for you too! God bless:)

Pistis Elpis Agape (Faith Hope & Love),
Marilyn =)"

I felt so honoured when I read this message. Of course I'd avail myself for this. That's what I love doing...That's what I'm living for! :D Haha. So yeah, gonna go find my band soon :D Now that some of 'em are overseas, needa find others :D Whoo hoo! Thanks Marilyn for this honour! And thank You God for bringing up my name to her...Haha.

Needa sleep now...to prepare for the last day of the week in Tekong Ops Room... -.-" Sometimes, I wish I can be myself there...I must man. And I will. Go Jon! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment