Monday 13 September 2010

The 15min stare

I stared at her for 15minutes straight. We didn't break eye contact. She was really cute & indisputably beautiful. She'd smile, laugh & sometimes frown but never once did she break eye contact with me.

I stroked her hair, caressed her forehead & pinched her cheeks. I crooned her name and tickled her feet.

She didn't stop me...she couldn't stop me. Her name is Keziah. She's my uncle's newborn baby :)

Babies have such a way of stealing your heart. Just looking into their eyes will make you marvel at God's innocent, sinless, utterly beautiful & carefully crafted creation. I was trying to decipher her thoughts behind her straight, innocent stare. It wasn't devious, neither was it judgemental...It was a look of pure interest, no tinge of skepticism in her eyes.

I wanna behold my wife's stare the same way I did with Keziah man. I wonder, if it's actually possible to look at someone with just pure interest in them, without summing them up or measuring their personality. A look that simply says "I'm genuinely interested in you" or "I love you unconditionally"

We finally broke our stare when our parents said "I think it's time to go" and we left their place.

It was really a precious moment where you could just behold someone's beauty without having some reactionary remark.

Anyway, the day before I had an awesome date with Daryl :) I wanted to shop in Bugis...He insisted on shopping in town...So I gave in...Haha.

NUM was having a really good promotion...50% of both of any 2 items you purchase. I wasn't all too keen to get something there as I couldn't find something I like...Just when I found the something I wanted...another customer, a girl in her late 20s approached Daryl with her group of guy friends with her and asked "Hey, is your friend buying something too? You wanna combine your purchase with mine? :D"

The sales assistant was getting me the size I wanted...So Daryl's reply was "Nah, I'll wait for my friend 1st...If his shirt no size then I'll buy with you."

If he'd straight away agreed to buy with her ar, I'll so slap him. haha! But anyway, the shirt design didn't have my slim "S" size...HAHA! So they got their offer. Haha.

The main thing about our date was...our dinner at Music Cafe opened by Swee Lee a famous electric guitar retailer. Their shop was in Scape Park, near Somerset MRT.

The shop's ambience was really, really good. I also love their interior design. It was really cool. The food's not bad too. Haha. We finished our food, but not our conversation...We then had a little chinese lesson...we started writing (on the serviettes...duh) the names of our various girl *SPACEBAR* friends.

Haha. Kinda lame right? But it was really fun & funny as we explored the many ways to write a person's name in chinese. You can only do such things with best friends. LOLS. Here's our masterpiece:

Our chinese calligraphy masterpiece...Haha! Written @ Music Cafe :D

Music Cafe! :D
Our fun was far from over man...The walk back to somerset MRT was also a really fun one too...Fun for me, not for Daryl. HAHAHA! :D

It's a piece of chocolate! No! It's a piece of cake! NO! It's SUPER-BIRD-SHIT!! HAHAHA!

We were walking through this carpark when Daryl commented "Whoa...this place a lot of bird shit one. Why we walk through here sia? Later kena one of us..."

Just as he finished that statement, a lump of bird shit landed square on his NEW, FIRST-TIME WEARING abercombie (not sure how to spell it) T-shirt that Cai Jie bought for him from USA. HAHAHA!

What a way to end the day. LOLS! But yup, SHIT happens! :D Haha! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment