Thursday 23 July 2009

Weekdays

It's been a wonderful week thus far :)

We're getting ready for our song presentation of "Who Cares" written by us - Regina, Myself, Terence and Zane :D

Yesterday (wednesday) I just did a recording of our new song "Who Cares" with Zane! :) Whoo hoo! The acoustic recording was pretty good :D Except that we both hit a few bad notes and did a few wrong parts. Haha!

And Zane is a really nice guy. He's also really encouraging. When we were in the room singing he praised my guitar skills. My reply "Thank You :D Haven't heard that in some time. :D" HAHA! Just kidding, the latter part of my quotation was imaginary. HAHA!

He also commended my vocal range. I was like, "thanks :D But I can't hold my notes like yours and end off with a nice vibrato...haha"

We had a great time tying down our parts and vocal techniques and we also had a good chat about the bands we adore and the singers we "idolise" haha.

So yup, that was a fun wednesday :D

Today in work, I had my first form of non-verbal appreciation as an assistant lab teacher :) One of my students (a guy not girl) gave me a Ferrero Roche :D Haha.

It's kinda small and impromptu act, but it really encouraged me cos I never expected any of my students to do that (some don't even say bye to me after class when I'm standing right at the door).

Ingrates. HAHA! Jk. I am one of those ingrates when I was a student too; Expecting the teacher to fulfill his responsibility without my appreciation.

But working's still fun, interacting with my students and 'enlightening' them still energises me. If not for this, I'd have quit long ago. Haha.

Still 4 more weeks of work before I really kiss TP goodbye and wave hello to NS :( haha.

My work contract ends on the 14th August - Meryl's Birthday! HAHA. And guess what? Meryl's working contract ends on the 7th August - MY Birthday! LOLS!! HAHA. Our birthdays are each other's source of joy...LOLS. Ok, I'm not really that happy to quit my super awesome job but then again, it still spells more free time with my friends! :D Haha.

Finally, I have a PAID-FOR Christian conference tomorrow and Saturday thanks to Regina's friend :D Yay! :D See you guys reading this post :)

No comments:

Post a Comment