Wednesday 29 July 2009

Long Fa & Ravi Zacharias

Recently my secondary school best friend introduced me to his new company "Long Fa" which is a "weight-loss" company. To be more accurate, they sell health products using direct selling or Multi-level marketing, consumer franchising and referral marketing.

They had a super good sales system established and they had really good people there to talk and explain the stuff to you in a friendly & engaging way.

I was on the verge of joining them, I signed up as a member but I didn't touch my bank account to buy their products for consumption and selling. Why? Cos it costs between $1000-$5000+ package deals where you purchase the products and re-sell it.

So I told them I'd consult my parents because moving of such a huge sum of money w/o their prior knowledge is really unaccountable. That resulted in a 45min of them trying to convince me into transfering that hefty sum (which I didn't have) into their investment account w/o my parent's knowledge.

They forked out analogies like "If you like this girl you will consult your parents before asking her to be your girlfriend meh?" and stuff like that.

In the end, I didn't join them.

Even though it felt like a missed opportunity, I didn't have much peace in making a decision favourable to them. A peace within me that knows it'll be alright and it's in line with God's will. I didn't hear a definite "DON'T JOIN THEM MY SON!" from God and neither did I have the peace to join them.

But it was quite an episode, I went down 2 times for their talk which ate like 8hours+ of my time after work. But o well, I must say that it was still worth it - getting to know the company and some marketing knowledge through the one-time engaging lecture.

I'm really thankful that my dear friend David was kind enough to share this good business opportunity with me. Thanks alot brother! :) Appreciate it man :D All the best in your sales! :D

And I recently finished tape-scripting Ravi Zacharias' 6 part apologetic (defense of the Christian faith) video on YouTube.

His 6 part video is really powerful. Substantiating the reasons for his belief in a God and referencing numerous theistic and atheistic sources and finally explaining why Jesus is the answer has been quite a journey for myself and him.

It really solidifies my understanding of the Christian faith and it's proofs logically, philosophically, scientifically and historically.

Ravi Zacharias has been my invisible mentor for 4 months now, I've been reading his books and watching his videos. So yeah, if you guys got any questions or want to find out more about how to explain and defend our Christian faith, Ravi Zacharias is the man. You can ask me as well :) Haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment