Saturday 28 May 2011

Vrroom vrroom?

Today, 27/5/2011, Friday, is the day I took my driving test.

Everything went well...or so it seems. No cock up, nothing, everything went smoothly. Tester didn't say much. So when we ended the test, I was pretty confident of passing.

I was still smiling as I walked confidently with my tester to discuss my test results.

Then he took out my evaluation paper, my jaw dropped, heart sank, face turned crestfallen and mind rewinding to the parts that could've caused my failure.

Circuit - Full marks. WHEE!
General Driving - Rabak...in the stupidly, ngeow instructor's eyes.

Here's a breakdown of what happened:

Change lane abruptly - 12 points in total. 3 counts of 4 points.
?? Abrupt? How gradual you want me to turn into the next lane? Haha. Fine, this one give you, I'm reckless.


Incorrect checking of blind spot/mirror - 3 points in total. 2 counts of 2 points.
You know what the tester told me after the test? "You turn your head too much when you look over your shoulder"
-___-"
I check blind spot also not happy, I make you blind on the spot ah! HAHA!

Incorrect braking technique - 4 points in total. 2 counts of 2 points.
I was in 1st gear, about to make a right turn when the light turned amber. So I braked...kinda abrupt braking la so that I won't pass the stop line and fail ma. Aiyo...

Insufficient acceleration - 2 points in total. 2 counts of 2 points, 1st count free.
In the circuit, low speed control is crucial. I have no problems with that...Only twice in the whole test did my vehicle vibrate due to insufficient acceleration.

Aiya, even my seasoned instructors when they drive also sometimes got vibration one...you can't always get perfect biting point what...unless you always step your clutch in la...which is also wrong. Haha.

Roll backwards - Less than 1 metre. 2 points in total. 1 count of 2 points.
Was on the road with a gentle slope/gradient. In that split second when you remove your foot from the brake and transfer it to the accelerator, the car will roll back for that 0.5 seconds. For that I got 2 points -.-"

Then I must pull handbrake and get biting point before moving off meh?? Like in the circuit? Aiyo...

I failed not because I can't drive well or drive safely, it's because of all these small mistakes - which I think are too trivial to deny me of my license - added up.

Oh well, so much for all the justifications. I will go back and book another test date. Better pass the next time man.

Overall, for this test, many ppl told me "Don't sad la...try again". I told them "I'm not sad, I'm pek chek."

Haha. O well, better luck next time Jonavan! :) Oh, wait...I don't believe in luck. Ok, better favour from God next time. HAHA! Jkjk :D All the best next time! :)

1 comment:

  1. Interesting Article. Hoping that you will continue posting an article having a useful information. Indoor Paintball Pittsburgh

    ReplyDelete