Saturday 7 May 2011

Thor!!

Caught the movie "Thor" with Daniel Goh, Yong An, Nicholas and Alastair on a Thursday evening! :)

I met Daniel for follow up before that at church and I showed him the new song I wrote really recently. After that we left for dinner at the Cathay at Popeye's...

Here's the awesome thing. The Popeye waiter was our church member!! Haha! Though we didn't recognise him or rather, sort of recognise his face, he could recognise Daniel's face...HAHA! Because Daniel's the church worship leader! LOLS!

He's called Edbert....If I remember correctly. A really unique name :) Haha.

Here's the best part...We bought 6 bottles of soft drinks which costs $6...But he didn't charge us!! :) Whoo hoo! Haha. I guessed he did that on purpose because we're all church members...Haha. I didn't realise that he didn't charge us until Daniel mentioned it. Lols.

Anyway, it was an awesome time to catch Thor...Why? In the midst of the elections...Thor's hammer is a symbol of unity...His hammer + lightning = Worker's Party (hammer symbol) + People's Action Party (lightning symbol). HAHA!

Anyway, Thor was an awesome movie. It reveals a very human side of all of us...Always trying to prove ourselves worthy...trying to live up to others expectations and impress others.

There we see how Thor and his brother Loki matures from that episode of identity crisis. Strong emotions are evoked as you see how their relationship issues play out.

So yup, Thor is a movie worth catching. And of course, I didn't watch the 3D one. I've watched enough 3D movies to know that the stupid $10 additional charge for the glasses doesn't very much enhance your visual experience...haha. It's a serious waste of money.

Best part, after the show ended...Mark called me and asked me "Just watched Thor at Cathay right?"

I was in the same theatre as Mark & Leslie! HAHA! Both of them plus their groups of friends were also there! What a small world. Haha. I saw them recently anyway, during the Direct Enlistments last just days ago, they also came and I had lunch with them :)

Talking about camp, I also went to school 4 to pass Aaron Cheong (my HoGC mate) an additional non-camera handphone as requested by him as his was gonna go flat. Haha.

There I met up with Xue Ming and went back to Ladang with him in his company's tonner. Haha.

This week was an awesome week. With the award presentations at Selarang, Direct Enlistments, meeting Aaron, meeting Xue Ming, meeting Mark & Leslie, meeting my CG...hopefully this week will be as fun! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment