Wednesday 18 May 2011

Prayer Meeting in HoGC

It was the first prayer meeting I ever attended in Heart of God Church. It was awesome. Attendance was a full house. Whole auditorium filled.

Here's what I think makes it so awesome.

1) The musicians really knew how to build atmosphere and flow with the spirit. As much as it's not about the music, but they know how to use music to enhance and facilitate our encounter with God.

Like a catalyst, which is used to hasten up the reaction time between two substances, their use of music is really a great tool.

Their musicians are also sensitive and have a unity in playing together that brings out not just good music but a heartfelt cry expressed through music.

2) The people came with one expectation - to seek God and pray for a breakthrough in church, in their lives, etc...

They came to pray. Not out of obligation or guilt that says "Whoa, if I don't come reflects bad on myself and my leaders lei..." kinda thing. They don't come for convenience sake.

Just 20 minutes of speaking in tongues and you feel like you've been in God's presence like forever. Haha.

3) They have a focus.

Ps How's direction for the prayer meeting is hearing from God...So we will find 3 persons to pray for. First we'll pray a general blessing...He likens it to carpet bombing. Haha.
Next we'll pray for a more specific area of the person's life.
Finally we'll pray for a word of knowledge for someone.

Before we start each instance, he'll do a short sharing. No need so theological but a pragmatic one that enables us to understand the concept and able to apply it.

4) They have a strong positive culture established.

Underlying every pointer will lie this one. Their good culture will make running any event or doing any activity exciting because the members are all supportive of the leadership and excited about what it has to offer because they have a strong and nimble leadership team.

Anyway, here's my personal encounter...

There is a 20minute praying strong in tongues session. I was just praying in strong tongues when suddenly, after about 5-10mins, God began to lay on my heart burden of praying for Bethel again.

As I began to pray for its leaders, my heart began to break once again...like it always does last time. I then began to pray for all my fellow friends who are struggling to maintain their cell groups and zones.

I began to pray for the senior leaders to get a fresh visitation from God and wisdom to lead...etc...

The tears just kept flowing for a good 5minutes as I wailed for God to do something in Bethel.

I think the guys on my left and right would think I was manifesting or guilty of some heinous sin. HAHA! :P

Yup, I really thank God for once again softening my heart to once again feel and really pray for the things that really matter a lot to me.

I recognize that there are so many things that I cannot change; that only God can change, and I must surrender.

Yup, I'll make sure I attend the rest of their prayer meetings man! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment