Tuesday 10 May 2011

My Braces Journey: The Rubber Bands

It's been some time since I last journal-ed the "My Braces Journey" saga. Haha. That is because, there was nothing much to talk about, other than the colour change of my braces ties every month. Haha.

Anyway, there has been a major change yesterday during yesterday's visit!

RUBBER BANDS!!

The pain has doubled ever since this visit! It's not really due to the rubber bands I guess but it's due to the tightness of the wire on the top & bottom row of my teeth!!

The stupid rubber band just reduces the angle of opening of my mouth. If I open it too wide, the rubber bands will pull hard at my teeth and it may snap.

During meals, these 2 elastic devils are the greatest impediment to my insertion of food.

But the worst part of having them added to my braces family is...It prevents my tongue from poking into the corners my mouth and removing all the bits of food stuck in the crevices and cracks...HAHA!

Seriously irritating. Oh well, having these rubber bands means I'm halfway through! It's been almost a year since I've donned my teeth armour. Haha.

That however, didn't stop me from having an awesome meal at "Ivin's" at Upper Thomson Road there with Joel & Yang Cheng...The Peranakan cuisine served there is so tasteful that it'll leave you hungry for more. That's partly because of the extremely high MSG input. Haha.

If you're wondering why I'm with Joella & Yang, I went to play LAN with them after my braces medical appointment...Lols.

The original plan was to play LAN with my Heart of God mates - Hong Hwee, Yong An, Wei Hong, Andrew Lau and Grace.

Since there was space for more, I called Joel who was also free. Haha. He then called Yang and we then bonded over a really messy and violent game, L4D2. Haha! Standard ah!

As the 2 hour LAN session unfolded, Hong Hwee fell out and went home, followed by Andrew, then Grace. Only Wei Hong & Yong An stayed throughout. Haha. They were half dead by then too...Lols.

They went home for dinner while me & Joella & Yang went for dinner at Ivin's :D After that, dessert at Ice Cream Chefs nearby...5minute walk away. Lols.

I went entirely off point...from braces to my day. Lols!

Yup, hopefully my next "Braces Journey" post will be about me wearing retainers! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment