Friday 6 January 2012

Christmas Eve 2011 at HoGC

Yes, I know...I'm lag...haha...still blogging about last year's events...Haha! Oh well, blogging isn't priority. Haha. Anyway, Christmas Eve 2011 was spent in Heart of God Church :D

And the awesome thing is, we brought 2 friends! :) Haha. Joniece and Tian Rui came for our Christmas Eve service! :D A nice follow up after our recent NTU Christmas Partae :D Haha.

On top of that, I was performing in the choir :D The service started with the choir's item! We walked down from the 2nd floor from the back of the auditorium and walked through the congregation all the while snapping, grooving and singing "All I Want for Christmas Is You" until we reached our choir stand :)

Yup had quite a fun time. Lots of hours were invested in this short display...singing and doing parts and all :D

And service was as usual, awesome...The music was engagingly good. The physical and spiritual atmosphere was powerful. The testimonies shared will sure give the Holy Spirit a greater opening to minister and of course, Ps Lia's sermon was really inspiring. You can feel the hope and vision and you can really identify with what she's saying...sum it all up with an awesome altar call song and you have the perfect concoction to get your new friends to accept Christ. Haha.

Yes, I'm really technical. You can tell me "Ohh, it's not about all these! When the Holy Spirit moves, all these are not important!" Yup, some of my leaders in Bethel told me that...and some of them left for that very reason...and some churches lost its vitality completely because of this reason which resulted in their strength being halved. So to those too-spiritual-for-earthly-use holy-moleys who will tell me that these are not important, tell me about it...tell me not to be pragmatically skeptical.

The next awesome thing about HoGC is that, they put the right people at the prominent and vital places. (There'll always be right people at the wrong places...I'm not saying there aren't in HoGC lest you fire me for that...Haha!) As much as you must give people a chance to grow, give them responsibilities and allow them to make mistakes, you don't do it at the expense of your congregation and the new friends. And once again, their understanding and application of building atmosphere is superb.

Yup, in spite of all these, neither of our friends accepted Christ. Haha. Well, it's our job to bring our friends, make them feel welcomed and share the gospel with them...and it's the church's (by that I mean leadership) job to do their best to make sure we have the best music, best ushers, best preachers, etc...You can feel it when the church have done its best in its service to God and its people.

I can step into a church in Indonesia or Philippines and their musicians, preachers and ushers may not be anything comparable to HoGC's but you can still feel the "uhmmm" when the people are giving their best to God. Sadly, many churches have lost that. Oh God awake your church leaders!

Haha...Ok I shall stop my visionary insights into such issues which God has placed dearly in my heart...Hopefully, one day He will use me to fulfill all that He has placed within me...that'll be the day I can die in peace knowing that I've given my all to serve the One cause in all of life that's worthy.

Ok, a huge chunk of thought above there...now for the visual feast...haha

From left: Chi Wen, Jonathan Yuan, Kai Sen, Joniece (our NTU friend), Chor Seng, Tian Rui (our NTU friend) and myself! :)

Take 2 :) With a blurry effect...haha

Take 3 :D

Oh and the thing is, we all attended secondary school service! HAHA! We were initially afraid it'll be irrelevant to our new friends but wow, it was still SUPER POWERFULLY AWESOME! Haha. I don't know about my new friends, but I felt refreshed, hopeful and all ready to give my life to Jesus again! HAHAHA!

That was what Xin Jin told me about Heart of God church too. She accepted Christ there by the way. Haha. She was telling me that when they called for salvation her thoughts were "Yes! Yes! I wanna be a part of this!!" Haha..I now know what she meant on a weekly basis. Haha!

All of us again + Hong Hwee...2nd from right :D haha.

After service, we all headed to Marina Square's Just Acia to have dinner...It was pretty early...around 6pm :) I didn't stay for dinner with them though...I have my mum's side Christmas celebration to attend...Haha. That's in another blog post...haha.

Chor Seng and Joniece didn't join them for dinner either...because they went to Serene's (Chor Seng & my TP friend) Christmas church service. Haha. Service chiongsters! LOLS!

Kai Sen, Joniece, Chor Seng & myself :)

EEE shot 2! :) Haha!

Oh, by the way, in the picture above, I was supposed to do a "number 3" with my right hand...So together with Kai Sen and Chor Seng's "no. 3", it'll form a "EEE"...Haha! Well, they thought I was bimbo enough to have guessed that...Hahaha! Anyway, it still is a nice EEE shot! Haha!

Yup, that was Christmas eve for me :) I really pray that Joniece & Tian Rui will make a decision for Christ soon! So jia you Jonavan, Kai Sen & Chor Seng! :) haha! I believe God'll use us to do more than that! Onward! :)

And, happy birthday Jesus! :) Will always love You :)

No comments:

Post a Comment