Sunday 8 January 2012

Christmas (2011) at Lebbillie's! :)

Yet another last year event...hahaha. Anyway, we celebrated Christmas at Lebbillie's place! :) It's always awesome having to hang out with Lebbillie and gang...they're a bunch of really cool, nice, candid, easy-going and God-loving people :)

Yup, the highlight of this meeting is the Kinect!! Haha! I was the reigning champion of kinect boxing amongst them...hahaha!

Got a few videos of them boxing but I've yet to upload to YouTube...I'll upload it soon. Haha...For now, here's a few photos...haha

Me & Aaron Leong punching away...Hahaha!

Oh...the funniest part is when Aaron & Bao Zhong had a Kinect boxing match...The commentator's countdown: "3, 2, 1..." *DING* and guess what was their first move for like 2 whole seconds?

2 HANDS IN FRONT OF THEIR FACES... -_-" We were all laughing away...HAHA! These 2 recruits' (Aaron army recruit, Bao Zhong police recruit) instinctive action was defense, not offense. Haha! Anyway, it was really funny. HAHA! They're like really in the ring...haha

Ding Zhou & myself :)

Ding Zhou + my act cute face...HAHA!

Still watching them punching away...I'm there giving a lil' background music...Haha! I think I'm holding either a F2 or C5 chord...haha!

After Kinecting, we had an awesome dinner...Joel & Yang Cheng went to ta-pao dinner for all of us from Taste of Thailand. The food was not too bad and neither was it super good. Haha. But I must say that it is a cheaper and more interesting alternative to the standard zi char dishes.

We had pineapple rice, breaded fried sotong, kang kong, chicken and beef tom yam soup :) Did I miss out any dish? Oh well, it was a great dinner :) More because of the fellowship than the chef behind the dishes...Haha.

After eating, it was CAROLLING! And guess what? They didn't prepare any song list! So we decided to impromptu some songs...but, we didn't know the lyrics...So after trying out here and there, we skipped the whole thing altogether...which was pretty sad because we couldn't even take some time off to sing about our dear Saviour's coming. I protested, but not that strongly either...Haha.

Anyway, we then played Taboo!! :) Taboo is always fun...especially with articulate and creative people like this group of us :) Haha! We split ourselves into 2 groups and played! My group consisted of me, Lebbillie, Debbie, Ding Zhou and Aaron Leong :)

Throughout, Xin Jin was competitively looking out for Debbie's "cannot-say-words" list...haha! And a few times, after Debbie gave a super vague description of the answer, I randomly guessed it right! Haha! An upset and surprised Xin Jin was like "WHOA! You all 2 really got telepathy lei!!" -_-" Wows...Haha...Once such example is...Debbie said "A musical instrument" and I was like "Harp" and got it right...Xin Jin's reaction was EPIC. Haha!

Anyway, guess what? My group WON!! :D :D HAHAHA! This result resulted in a really frustrated Xin Jin who kept saying "NO! Jonavan cannot win! So irritating!! Boxing he win, Taboo also win!!!" HAHAHAHA!!

A competitive person like Xin Jin will sure get ticked off by my gloating and playful taunts...HAHAHA! So yup, that was the games section.

After that was our gift exchange...the way Yang Cheng did it was pretty interesting. We'd all draw lots...the one with the smallest number will get to pick his/her gift first...all the way to the biggest number.

Here's the twist: You can steal other people's present. Let's say, I'm number 1...I can either choose a present or choose who I want to steal from. Yup, the person I'm stealing from hasn't chosen his/her present...but the moment he/she chooses it, it's mine and I choose another present for him/her. This 'steal' ability can only be used 3 times throughout the whole "game"

Yup, interesting eh? I didn't use my steal ability because I was the first few persons and the later few can steal the present I stole. -.-" So it sucks to be the first few to choose... :(

Anyway, I got Joel's shortcakes -.-" Why -.-"? Because someone spoil market...go and buy SPEAKERS...those USB speakers or something...and it looks real good!! Haha. Anyway, the shortcakes is good stuff too. Haha!

Yup, after that, still did a bit more kinecting and...photo taking! :)
From left: Joel, Bao Zhong, Xin Jin, Yang Cheng, Debbie, Ding Zhou, Amy, Myself & Aaron Leong :)

Take 2 :D

Next up is my photo with the 2 botak boys...Haha! I have a fetish for botak boys...HAHAHA! JK! But it's cool to take a botak photo when you're still young...Haha! The future botak photos will be accompanied with lotsa wrinkles and pockets of grey/white hair dangling around your scalp...HAHA!


REC Aaron & 3SG (NS) Jonavan :)

Army 3SG Jonavan & Police REC Bao Zhong :D Haha.

Fat sergeant Joel & Slim sergeant Jonavan...HAHAHAHAHA! :P LOLS!

So yup, had a great time...here comes the saddest part...I had to cab back :( $20+ flew away :( Haha. Oh well, like I tell my friends, all my stinging and saving is for such emergencies...where bo pian have to spend one. Haha.

And the next bad part is...I woke up the next morning with 2 MASSIVELY PAINFUL, ACHING HANDS!!! Why? It's because of the Kinect boxing!! HAHAHA! I'm not the only victim...Xin Jin too! HAHAHA! It really hurt man...like seriously...it even affected my badminton game 2 days later -.-" So next time when I kinect, if I've gotta sports event within a few days, I better play a maximum of 5 rounds...with breaks in between...Haha.

Yup, thanks Uncle Laurence, Aunty Angela and Lebbillie for graciously allowing us to mess up your place and yet bring so much fun for all of us! :D HAHAHA! Meet up again soon :)

No comments:

Post a Comment