Saturday 13 November 2010

Desmond's Enlistment!

Made a friend in Heart of God church called Desmond. He's the electric / acoustic guitarist for his church :)

And, I found out he was enlisting! :D Haha. So I went to meet him up @ Pasir Ris & sent him in. After all, I'd have to oversee the buses & ferry movements and ensure their smooth processing.

Desmond's a really nice guy...Rather soft spoken & baritone ranged, he projects a really cool & calm aura. He dresses well, always seen in rather slim fitting shirts, jeans and sneakers. I like his hair too...partly cause mine was as long as his last time...Haha.

I shall stop squeezing out adjectives to describe him...here's a picture of us...Haha.

REC Desmond & 3SG Jonavan @ TFT pontoon :)

Present at Pasir Ris was like 20 of his cell members man and of course his family - Parents & sister. haha. But only 2 of them sent him in...They were Daniel Goh & Sabrina Chai. Both of them are in his band. They don't roster musicians to form a band to play for service like Bethel. They roster bands, a team of musicians. Well, there are pros and cons.

Daniel is an electric guitarist and worship leader & Sabrina's a vocalist in Desmond's band.

Was chatting with his mum at Pasir Ris as she aired her concerns like any mum would when their son is enlisting...Haha.

Was chatting with Desmond on the bus ride to SFT and he was pretty afraid of being late. Because he was quite late...Haha. But I assured him that it's fine. He just wants to get through army quickly and get a 8-5 posting so that he can play for service. So I encouraged him to be a commander...an officer or sergeant because the pay's good & as a commander you have plenty more privileges and freedom.

On the ferry I was mainly chatting with Daniel about electric guitar and all...Haha. He's a really good electric guitarist.

Upon arriving at TFT, the enlistees & parents'll split...Enlistees will head up to meet their Sergeant Major & change their ICs while their parents & friends'll head to the briefing tour.

I told them I'll head back to office from there and join them for lunch later. There Desmond was kinda jing zhang...haha. He was like "Go up with me lei..." So I went up with him to their form up area. They were all formed up in one neat row already. We said bye & off he ran to report to his CSM. Haha. He ran. Ok la...If I were him, I'd also be afraid. Haha.

Later I met them up for their "last lunch" at the cookhouse. Talked a bit more and off he went to join his platoon and walked off in rows of three...haha.

I then walked his family, Daniel & Sabrina to TFT.

This was the first time I met Daniel in person. I've been wanting to meet him and according to Jon Yuan, he's also been wanting to meet me. But somehow, I never got to meet him in service because he's on stage and the musicians sit in the first row & they have a long debrief after service...So I don't get to meet him.

He's my cell leader by the way. And he's working for the church as an worship assistant pastor or something like that.

He's a really nice guy too...He's got a tenor voice range...Haha. His rounded, smiley face makes him always look happy and ready to engage you. And from the stage he looks pretty tall, but in person, I realised that he wasn't. Haha.

I was asking him if we could jam sometime soon to "qie cuo" our skills. Haha. I'd like to learn from him...See how things go...

Anyway, jia you Desmond! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment