Monday 1 November 2010

The 5-hour music marathon

It was our last rehearsal for Marilyn's 21st birthday celebration. We have a challenging songlist of 13 songs! Not simple songs, but complex rock, indie rock, contemporary & christian contemporary songs! :D

We're doing songs by Train, Jason Mraz, Switchfoot, Nickelback, 33 Miles, Tenth Avenue North, etc...I shan't let the cat out of the bag...although I've already let out its fleas...HAHA! FunnaE! :D

So yeah, we did 2 full run throughs of all the songs as planned. Ok, not FULL, because the 2nd run through we didn't touch Marilyn's two songs that she'll be singing.

Basically, we played from 3.30pm to 8.30pm!!! WHOA! I've never felt so shag with a guitar man!! My shoulders were aching and my feet were sore from standing!! Felt like I was in SBO man!! HAHA!

Part of the reason why we took so long is because our dear bassist, Linus, last minute told me he couldn't make it for the event. Why? He found a job -__-" He told me that his job was supposed to start the week after Marilyn's birthday which is what his friends told him. But yeah, in the end, it clashed with it -___-"

Guess who's Linus replacement? RON WAN :D haha. He's not a bad bassist either. And I like him :) Partly cos we chatted quite frequently on MSN for a period of time telling me about his gigs and all. Haha.

So because Ron has not heard most of the songs, we had to initiate him. And he wasn't the only person we needed to initiate...or rather, re-initiate -___-" Matthew forgot the whole intro of the song "Perfect" -__-"!!!

The band (except me :D) forgot the transition from the chorus to the bridge in the song "Hold My Heart" -_________-"!!!!

So those were contributing factors as to why we ended later than we should. Haha.

But yeapsS, overall, it was a great rehearsal and I think we pieced it together. And I must applaud Ron for being able to play cohesively with us for the whole 2 run throughs :D Even though there were several wrong notes in the process...HAHA! :P

Yup, this Saturday's the BIG DAY! I pray we'll give Marilyn & her homies a good show man! :) And God I pray you'll use our sharing and linking of the secular & christian songs to touch the hearts of our pre-believing friends out there! :) I pray that through their munching & chewing on the food, their ears will be open & the raw lyrics of each song will pierce their hearts to discover that there is a Faith, Hope & Love out there worth dying for. In Jesus' name, AMEN! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment