Monday 26 July 2010

Youth Anniversary 2010! :)

What can I say to the committee who put it all together? AWESOME JOB GUYS!! :) :D I really had fun acting in this skit...even though my lines were few, but they were utterly significant. At first I thought I was some calafare...but turned out to be quite the opposite. LOLS.

My friends thought I invited them to watch me act that calafare role in the 1st scene for 10seconds only! HAHAHA! Turns out that this old man isn't just good at sweeping the floor :D Haha!

Before I rattle on, here's the PICTURES! :)

Rehearsal in Canaan :) This was my initial outfit :D

Ding Zhou, Myself & Jon Wee in Canaan :)

Boy do I look old! :D haha!

Melvin & Me :)

Me & Aaron a.k.a. Chad :D HAHA!

Aaron Tan, Me & Joel Wee :D

Me & Boon Kang a.k.a. Wilfred :D

Chor Seng, Me & Sam :D My white hair looks exceptionally artificial in this picture...HAHA! Can see the powder at the rims of my forehead!! HAHAHA!

Me, Jill & Chor Seng :)

By the way, thanks Jill, Chor Seng & Sam for coming to support me! :D Haha. And thanks for your bubble tea! :)

Me, Yang Cheng & Ding Zhou :)

Lauren (a.k.a Elly) & her standard-ah JBs...HAHA!

Me & Dayna a.k.a. Violet :)

Dayna, Xiuling & Myself :D

Anne & Me :)

Me, Zi Hui & Yining :D

Jon Wee & Myself :D

Kate (Qiuling), Vera (Vivien), Old Man (ME :D) & Vicky (Sherry) :D

Dayna, Lauren, Qiuling, Sherry, Vivien, Me & Aaron Leong :D

Strong old man helping to unload the props :D That's a rock btw...Haha! :D

My friends thought the skit was good. And I thought it was good too :D Considering the fact that we only rehearsed at the actual stage twice...shows that we managed to adapt quickly to the sudden increase of stage area.

All our rehearsals were held in Canaan except that 2 rehearsals. And the space in Canaan is really limited so standing near each other while rehearsing didn't seem too bad. And talking softly also doesn't seem too bad either. But on the real stage, it will look real bad. Haha. And we managed to tweak all this just in 2 rehearsals so I must say "Great job guys! :)"

However, I almost dua lao sai-ded the flow of the skit! Guess what? Some aunties went backstage to count the offering. And more than counting the offering, they helped to re-arrange my props in the room -_-" They kept my hat behind some boxes...and they kept my powder (to make my hair white) in the drawer...
-__-"

So for the 2nd scene, I tried to find my hat, but to no avail!! So I was like panicking and searching when one of them took it out from behind the stash of boxes. Thank God! After taking the hat, I was just in time for the next scene. And I forgot to prepare another prop!!! I'm supposed to put the map in my long-sleeve shirt and pop it out after my 2nd last line...BUT, I forgot to put the map under my sleeve!! It was only until I said my 2nd line when I realised...."OH NO!! THE MAP!!! DUA LAO SAI!!!!"

Thankfully, I'm well prepared...it's in my pocket...So while talking, I used my gestures to take the map out from my pocket without anyone noticing and later slipped it out as if it came from my sleeve :D :D HAHAHA! WHEW....

So really thank God. I can't imagine if I said "Here's your map" without actually having one on me...It'd have made me & Sherry burst into laughter...HAHA! But yeah, thank God that didn't happen..If not Royston's shoe would've landed right smack on my face...HAHA! LOLS!

And the funny thing about this event is...It's an evangelistic service right? But Ps Chris Long didn't preach an evangelistic sermon...Instead he preached a very 'cheem' & long sermon that is intended for the matured congregation. This turned my friends off. 10 minutes into the preaching and they were out of the auditorium...and I had to go accompany them... LOLS.

What about ushering and making people feel welcomed? Standard ah....LOLS. Somehow, this just isn't our culture...and that's why, somehow, our church just isn't growing. People keep telling me to help and make a change in the culture and cell groups and all. But how much can I do? Bottom-up leadership is the least effective and most strenuous way to growth. But that's how it is over here, sadly.

And the great thing about this whole event is, Royston set aside some $$ from the budget to treat his whole committee and cast to a sumptuous dinner @ a really famous Claypot Rice Stall in Geylang. It's called....Geylang Claypot Rice...pretty self-explanatory right? haha.

Yup, overall, I think this was a great event :D But once again, like in the previous few posts I posted about organising events...Is the $$ invested worth it? Follow up? Etc...is more important than the event itself. That's why sometimes I don't really think spending so much $$$ on props and decor are as important as spending money on employing people to maintain contact and provide genuine care for the pre-believers.

But still, we're fulfilling the task of sowing the seeds of the gospel. :) But I'm sure we can do more than that man..... :D

Keep the fire burning!!

No comments:

Post a Comment