Thursday 22 July 2010

PRE-Youth Anniversary 2010! :)

I've had a series of our upcoming youth anniversary skit rehearsals this week...Tomorrow, Saturday & Sunday are the last 3 rehearsals we have! :)

I was recruited last minute into this play because the "Old Man" post is still empty! Maybe no one wants to play that character? HAHA!

I've done several productions before with the few "lao jiaos" like Jon Wee, Rebekah, Reuben, Anna, Abigail, me, etc...But this time, I'm working with a fresh bunch of cast and backstage crew that I've never worked with before :) They're great to work with :) Their availability and enthusiasm really encourages me...but some of 'em are still pretty shy and all, witholding themselves from fully immersing themselves into the character's role.

I think the next few rehearsals will tweak our play to perfection :)

The upcoming fish4men "happy feet" gathering is good...Just waiting for the video-editing to be done. This video-editing thing has really sucked up a lot of my blood & time...This is the area where my competency level is like -1000%...So next time when I start any committee / groups and all, I'll make sure I get someone to complement my strengths and make up for this area of my weakness. Haha

Thank God for Xin Jin who so willingly agreed to help me with this :) Great is your reward in heaven :) Haha! More than that la huh... :D Knowing that you've had a part in the kingdom's cause is worth all the while. :)

And today on the island of Pulau Tekong...our book out roll call...everyone was late...except for the 5 sergeants...Aidross, Mark Leong, Leslie Poh, Navin & myself :) Sgt Mark was pretty pissed off and told everyone off.

I wonder how they'd take it man. Because the culture in BMTC HQ is super nua, no discipline & heck-care-about-discipline-&-regimentation. So today we all did a little enforcing.

Navin was a little not-with-us...I understand where he's coming from...But I still believe that such discipline & regimentation should be upheld too.

Tomorrow's my turn to be the DS (Duty Sergeant)...I'll see what's my mood tomorrow. Haha. I won't really scold, I'd just put a nasty "LA" for those who are late and they'll face the music from our Sergeant Major, SSG Teo.

O well, I think we can step up a little on the discipline level but not to the point where we are unreasonable and over-stringent. I felt today's encounter was reasonable. We didn't (& couldn't) pump them and all because they're mostly PES C & E...and we didn't make them book out on the last ferry @ 11pm. So I think we're reasonable :)

Back in SISPEC, just booking in 1-2 minutes late from a nights out would cause us 1 extra duty. My friends kena...How about that? Not wearing appropriate attire (no belt, no polo-T, never tuck in shirt, faded jeans, no socks) would also result in 1 extra duty. So I think we're pretty lenient here already.

Anyway, tml's the last day of the week! :) Whoo hoo! I hope I enjoy my weekends :D & I really hope my friends'll come for the event :)

No comments:

Post a Comment