Monday 14 June 2010

Walking with wind...

We were once again back on Tekong's shores. But walking along Ladang avenue felt different this time. Armed with the 3 chevrons on our chest, we all started walking with wind (zou lu you feng) or to put it englishly...we started walking with a huge sense of pride and dignity unlike the days when we were recruits, where we would traipse down the long road down to company line with crestfallen faces.

1st day in Tekong was great. Free & easy. We went to the canteen and to the E-mart in our free time...but quickly came back to our lecture venue to seek refuge in the aircon room! HAHA! So much for all the tough training...LOLS!

Today was just the seven core values (SCV) talk. Where we explore the SAF 7 core values - How can we align our personal values to the SCV and how can we apply the SCV in our journey as a commander....

UTTER BORING. It's not like these lessons are gonna change anything at all...People's hearts are bent on doing what they think is right, how they feel and how their past experiences will affect their present decisions. How much can a man-made talk change? Abit maybe? To the attentive and serious. But come on, 70% of the class ain't serious...they're just being cooperative so we can all book out. HAHA!

That's when I realise that our church pastors are doing very much the same thing...Just that, the church has the Holy Spirit to convict hardened hearts so that the word spoken may be made alive and pierce their soul.

Anyway, today I booked out @ 5pm...considered late compared to the other platoons who booked out at 3pm!!! So I went home. My house for once isn't occupied! The quietness still scares me. Haha. My siblings are in the Heart of God church's youth camp and my parents are at work. Xue Ming? He booked out at 3pm so he went home. Haha

I then took the guitar and started to worship. Once again I flipped my worship file and somehow God used this song to make my heart burst into a fresh expression of worship. This song's "Forever" by Hillsong...



Forever
I'll Worship at Your Throne
Whisper my own love song
With all my heart I'll sing
For You my Dad and King
I'll live for all my days
To Put a smile on Your face
And when we finally meet
It'll be for eternity

And Oh how wide You open up Your arms
When I need Your love
And how far You would come
If ever I was lost
And You said that all You feel for me
Is undying love
That You showed me through the cross

I'll worship You my God
I'll worship You my God
I love You
I love You
Forever I will sing
Forever I will be with You
Be with You

My worship lifestyle is still not on track. Just needa spend more time with God man. That's the toughest part of Christianity - the sanctification process - from Self-like to Christ-like.
 
Yup, needa get a move on with the Fish4men upcoming evangelistic event which I am planning :) Bye! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment