Monday 21 June 2010

1st day in BMTC HQ

Today was cool :) I met my sea ferry section mates and of course the training section friends as well :) I now have 3 "men" under me...My 2IC Cpl (3sgt to be) Leslie Poh and my 2 ASAs LCP Shaari and LCP Wen Da :D

Opposite our desk is the training section with 3SG Mark Leong, CPL Farhan and 3SG Navin who OOCed 2 weeks before he was commissioned....Haha.

My office is fully airconditioned complete with 2 desktops WITHOUT INTERNET!!!

The guys there are really friendly and cool :D They chat and joke with me readily and they also taught me the stuff I'm supposed to know patiently.

And today, something cocked up and our boss scolded my 2IC & 2 Leopard company commanders for screwing up some "illegal" book-ins into Tekong. To my 2IC, he wasn't scolding yet...just making a point. Haha! Boy is he loud...His display of diaphragmatic contractions and expansions really make a good parade commander. HAHA! Shouting commands for parades should be his job man...LOLS! :D

After book out today I had dinner with Leslie & Mark @ Pasir Ris MRT's subway :D

We had a really cool chat about our colleagues, bosses and our lives. :D While chatting halfway with me they suddenly asked me "Jonavan, you're a Christian right?"
I was like "Yeah! How you know sia?"
"I knew it...can tell la...The whole day you never scold one vulgarity and you don't smoke and club..."
Haha.

This lil' observation by the two of them reminded me how people are watching and measuring us daily. What more Christians? Our every move, sentence and actions will speak volumes of how much our faith in Jesus actually changes us. Ignore the rank, ignore my appointment, they actually respect me for that. So I'm glad that I didn't bring Jesus shame today...Haha. Hopefully my testimony will be the stepping board for their "re-salvation"

Huh? Re-salvation? Yes...Leslie & Mark are backsliders. Both from charismatic, pentecostal churches. Leslie's a worship leader & guitarist like me and Mark is a drummer in his church last time. It really shocks me to see how people can serve in such prominent positions in ministry and still backslide. It really shows that ministry will only be a channel for God to change you if you allow Him to. Doesn't mean serving well on the outside means doing well on the inside.

It takes a good leader to spot that and be that friend and mentor to lead them back into a right relationship with God. Imagine a worship leader who's about to backslide still serving on stage? Whoa...I'm not shooting the church or my dear 2IC in any way...It just goes to show how oblivious and unaccountable we ministry leaders or leaders can sometimes be.

Yup, I hope my remaining 6-8 months spent with them before they ORD will impact their lives eternally; To open their eyes to see once again that the only truth and hope for this life's journey lies not in empty pursuit of worldly things, but in the gratifying quest of being who are made to be in Christ.

Jia You Jonavan! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment