Sunday 28 February 2010

Isaiah 41:10

Today was great :D Chor Seng (a Buddhist) suddenly wanted to come with me to church. Why? Because he prayed to Jesus during his hospitalisation and Jesus healed him! :D So he wanted to come church and thank Jesus personally. :)

We met and had a lil' prayer and an evangelism session. Haha. After that, Sam joined us! And we went for lunch @ the super good food hawker centre outside church :D And then headed to mac for a chat :)


Me & Sam :)
They didn't come for service though. Maybe next time :D
Ps Daniel was preaching about being a disciple. One of the ingredients of discipleship is sacrifice. However, I’ve sacrificed so much over my past 15 years in church ministry and all already and it had all amounted to nothing. “Nothing” in a sense that the church is still this stagnant, no church growth, no bigger change, etc…So I had problem sacrificing and surrendering now. And I’ve also got relationship issues with my bunkmates. I was basically worried about which ministry to give my 100% and my NS life.

I brought all this before God and He dropped this verse in my heart Isaiah 41:10. At first, I thought that that was a random verse that my brain churned up to make me feel that God was speaking to me. But then, that verse came to me again as I knelt there. So I decided to go back to my seat and check out that verse.

When I turned to Isaiah 41, I didn’t immediately read verse 10 for fear that I will be scammed by my brain who churned up that random verse. So I read from verse 1. When it came to verse 10 it read “So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.” This broke me. I didn’t even have the faith to believe that God will speak to me like this! Let alone having the faith to pick up another ministry and believe that it’ll amount to something.

So thank God for His assuring words!

No comments:

Post a Comment