Friday 19 February 2010

1st day of ASLC in Charlie Coy!

The highlight of our friday book in is our 5km run. We had to complete 5km in 30minutes. Failing in the army would mean redoing until you pass or fail the whole course...haha...

Guess what timing I clocked for my 5km? :D

I clocked my 5km distance in 25 minutes! :D Whoo hoo! A great start to my ASLC course :D Haha. I didn't expect myself to fail either...But after not running for quite some time, running this 5km left me with badly aching calves and feet now..haha. But o well, I did it! :D

Next run is 6km -_-" The final run for 1 of the requirements for the CSB (Combat Skill Badge) is 10km in 65minutes! 3 words: DUA LAO SAI. I pray I can make it man...haha.

Met all my bunkmates. They're all very light-hearted and funny people thank God. Half my section are malays. But they're not those with attitude problems la I foresee. :D In fact it's the malays that make training more fun with their jokes and funny antics..haha.

I pray it'll stay that way :D Haha

Our OC also went through our course schedule. Whoa. I'll use the 3 words again: DUA LAO SAI. HAHA! We'll be having claymore live firing next week! Anyway here's a few training programmes I remembered:

> 50m++? swim in LONG FOUR!! Long four = Green long sleeve shirt + Green long pants + BOOTS!
> River crossing with one rope
> GRANDSLAM 2!!! -.-"
> Exercise CRESCENDO!! 3 weeks in Thailand! -_-" Navigation for 3 days? or 4? & Platoon Deliberate & Quick attack drills will also be executed there -.-"
> 32km road march with 3 or 4 stations in between...First station is RIVER CROSSING! 2nd station is weapon stripping & assembly (SAR21, SAW, M203, GPMG?)...can't remember the last station. Haha.

Yup. Go for your green beret & CSB badge Jonavan!! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment