Tuesday 5 January 2010

Reporting LIVE in SISPEC :D

Guess where I'm typing this post from? PASIR LABA CAMP... -_-" I'm in camp using their "com-lab" now...HAHA!

It's our nights out actually...but citing the fact that I didn't bring much $$, ATM card and because they let us out late, I decided to stay in camp and use the com...HAHA!

Anyway, the start of this week was really bad...Why? Right on the first day of the week (Monday) we had our usual 3km run with our OC (Officer Commanding, i.e. principal in the school context) The only difference was, this time, it was raining! It wasn't that heavy at first, but as we jogged, the rain got heavier until it became a horrendous downpour!

When the rain was too heavy, we'll usually fall out and stop whatever activities...But our OC didn't allow that! While jogging we ran past another company's OC in a rover who shouted at all of us to return to company line...So we all went back to coy line only to get shouted at by our OC "WHO TOLD YOU ALL TO COME BACK?! GET BACK AND JOG!!" Whoa...I would've slapped him if not the consequences I'd face thereafter...HAHA!

After the whole thing he continued to lecture us for 15mins++ IN THE RAIN..."In a war when it rains you all stop fighting ar?! Rain only you all chabo!" and he went on about obeying and abiding by the proper chain of command and how we should have checked back with him for permission to fall back into coy line etc...

What a way to start the week...with our running shoes SOAKED and clothes DRIPPING WET.

O well, I hope during field camp our OC won't be such a demon. HAHA! And by the way, our OC's vocation is....GUARDS. No wonder the training style...haha.

I'm also pretty disappointed today because we had our Chemical Defense training...where we had to put on chemical defense suits (MOPP 4) to enter into the smoke chamber. HOWEVER, because of my childhood asthmatic history, I wasn't allowed to enter!!

All my bunkmates came out crying and their mucus were rivulet-ing out of their nostrils while all I could ask was "How was it?" Haha! I'm really sad cos I didn't get to participate in this once-in-a-lifetime event...where else will you dress up like it's in North pole when you're in Singapore and get chemical warfare training? haha.

O well, I pray that the rest of this week will go well :D My field camp is next week btw...So do keep me in prayer! :D Haha.

Back to bunk :D

No comments:

Post a Comment