Sunday 17 January 2010

SISPEC Field Camp 1 - Section Battle Course

FCO - Field Camp Over!! Can't describe the feeling man. Anyway, I remembered SMSing a bunch of friends to pray for my enjoyment of this field camp and to pray that it won't RAIN. Guess what? The following day, IT RAINED. HAHAHA! Well the definition of prayer isn't plainly "ask and you shall receive" but it is "aligning your will to God's will". So don't try to blame God for this Jonavan. HAHA! I won't :)

Anyway, thank God that it didn't rain at night; for the 3 days it rained within the afternoon to early evening period. Whew...if it rained at night, we'd be sleeping on water-beds......Ok, not water-beds but MUD-BEDS. Haha.

Nevertheless, I didn't enjoy nor did I dread this field camp. Haha. So yeah.

Sleeping without a basha tent covering you really sucks. We merely throw a ground sheet on the jungle floor, lie on it and went to sleep. So in the middle of the night, ants would drop onto my body and spiders would land on my vest. Thank God the spider & ants weren't those ferociously big kind...HAHA!

There were 2 memorable moments of this camp which I will always remember:

1) We were doing our section quick attack. So when we flanked the enemy, we had to bash through a lot of vegetation. And I remember charging through the thick bushes and I came to an abrupt halt when I saw a SPIDER WEB the size of at least HALF MY BODY in front of me! Haha!

We were supposed to continue bashing through until we were in line with the IC and then we were to lie flat on the ground (prone) BUT I stopped and stood there until our group re-org. HAHA! Thank God the sergeant didn't see me if not he'll make me bash through the spider web man...HAHA!

2) Sniper drill. Basically, I fireman lift (something like piggy-back) my friend and had to bring him to "safety". I thought my legs would give way man. My other friend took over after I carried him for like a good 10m and after that, I carried him again for another 10m. HAHA!

Good thing is, next time, I'd have no problem carrying my girlfriend whenever she needs a lift. HAHA!

Finally, I also want to thank God that I'm not one of the 10 people who misfired or lost their equipment and upon doing so, also lost their weekend. Haha!

So yup, 2 more field camps to go!!

No comments:

Post a Comment