Monday 21 September 2009

1st BOOK OUT DAY!

An exhilarating moment of elation swept over me as my adrenalin and serotonin levels rose to paint a big, fat, winsome beaming smile on my face :D It was my first book out day! :D HAHA!

You'll never miss home this much until you've stayed in a place worse than your home. Haha.

My Sunday morn & afternoon was spent in church and my evening was spent at Joan's 21st birthday party! :)

Church was great :D To be in a place where acceptance and friendships thrive is rejuvenating. :D

Here are a few botak pictures taken in church :D haha.


Me & ex-sergeant Joella :) HAHA!


Me, Jon Wee & Marc :D

Take 2 with my fourskin cap :D HAHA!
Melvin, Me & Jon Wee :)
Me & Future officer Matthew :D

Service was great. I was really touched by the lyrics of the song "Lovesong" by Andrew Yeo. The chorus was exceptionally meaningful:

Only You can fill the vacuum in my heart
Only You can love me like no one else
I will run to You
I will run to You

The song simply brought tears to my eyes as once again He reminded me that no human imperfect love can ever fill the vacuum, the emptiness in my heart.

For our hearts all desire a perfect love that only God and only God can fill. No girlfriend, no best friend, no parent, NO ONE can love me and understand the depths of my being like Jesus can :) For He fashioned my inmost being and crafted me in His image :)

And I'm glad that I have that Saviour :D

Next up was Joan Tan's 21st birthday! :)

Me & future sergeant Guang Yao :)

Future Sergeant Chor Seng, Me & Guang Yao :D

All of us + our b'day girl Joan :)

Me, Guang Yao & Sam :)

Me, Joan & Chor Seng :D

Her b'day party was cool :) And Guang Yao & Chor Seng are posted to SISPEC! Gosh. After all the months of training, they will surely become real teng (hard in hokkien. HAHA)

And thanks Sam for driving me around! :D HAHA!

Cherish your hair while you can Sam :D HAHA! And of course, Happy Birthday Joan! :) You've been an awesome friend :D

No comments:

Post a Comment