Wednesday 9 December 2009

POP LO! :)

This day finally arrived. After all the training this moment was worth it :)

Today was a rather tiring day. With only 3hrs of sleep, started our 24km road march @ 10.30pm.

Initially, I was pretty afraid of this last key event. I was afraid I'd fall out, faint from exhaustion, etc...because the previous few road marches - 12km & 16km - was really, really bad. I managed to pull through, but not without feeling like I lost my limbs. Haha.

However, this 24km was really no kick. I didn't feel half as worn out as the 12km & 16km road marches man! Haha. That's partly because our FBO didn't have our store items and because we were marching at night so the weather was cool and nice :)

The only 2 setbacks about marching at night is you can barely see where you are going and you have to fight real hard to keep your eyeballs open. HAHA. The low visibility at night resulted in my stepping into a dozen mud pools and ditches. Thank God I didn't sprain my ankle like a few others.

Now for the graduation parade!

This is the part where our parents will come down and put the jockey cap on for us :)


Me & Daddy :)


Mummy & me :D

After the cap throwing is the photo taking :D Most of my pictures are stuck in the cameras of my platoon mates...haha.


Iswardi & Me :)

This is my section buddy. Thank God for such a helpful and accomodating buddy man :)


Guitarists: me, Gregory & Awal :)
Jeremy & myself :)

Was about to leave when I bumped into Jeremy, my secondary school friend :) He used to be shorter than I am. And check out his height now...Haha. Training in Kestrel makes you taller I guess. HAHA. Whatever...LOLS.
Teck Hui & me :)

Bumped into Teck Hui @ the O-so-slow photo collection booth :) He is my long lost primary school best friend! :D haha. The first time he called me at company line I couldn't even recognise him. HAHA! His company Hawk is just beside mine, Jaguar :)

Daddy, me & Mummy :)
Daddy & Me @ the HQ parade square :)

On the afternoon before my 24km road march Teck Yong was asking me as we both looked out at the view from our bunk corridor "Will you miss this view?"

It's pretty ironic but I think I will miss this place even though I dreaded it so much. The memories are and will always be this vivid :)

Good bye Tekong :)

No comments:

Post a Comment