Sunday 20 December 2009

Church Camp 2009! :)

Church camp!!...Was great :) HAHA. It's been quite some time since I went for one...In poly, my syllabus / timetable always clashed with the church camp dates.

And zun zun my 10 days block leave after my POP coincided with the church camp dates! For once the secular and the spiritual timetables met! HAHAHA! Whatever...LOLS.

Once again, the chronological approach shall be the format of my blog post :) haha.

Day 0, Sunday
Setting off for Malacca :) The cool thing about this year's transportation is, the coaches that brought us there have 2 levels! The 1st level (in the picture below) is the lounge, and the 2nd level the seats for everyone.

Halfway through the trip, we decided to play cards :)


Darren, Zhi Xian, Ashley & myself :)

Upon arrival, we checked in and...SHOPPED! HAHA! I saw this super nice shirt which I wanted to buy, but they only had XL size left -_-"


The shirt I loved......haha

After that we went for "service". It's in inverted commas because it was only a karaoke session...ok it was titled welcome service on the schedule.

Why the need for singing a few Christian worship songs without actually entering into the presence of God? Why bother have a welcome service? We might as well have orange juice in the lounge...To me, we should have a power-packed intense service to set / up our expectations for the rest of the church camp...

With such a nua "welcome service" it made the camp start off with a lazy spiritual atmosphere...

Anyway, we headed to the night market for SHOPPING again! :) haha.

Rebekah & I came across this cool hat stall at the beginning of the whole stretch and we tried out the hats and bought it...So fast right? Cos it was only 10 RM! :D

After walking further down the stretch of pasar malam stalls, we found other shops selling the same hats @ 6RM!!!!!!

Lesson learnt: Recce the area and compare prices first! haha!


Me & Rebekah in the hats we bought :) The sunglasses were ANTHONY'S IDEA! I look like some China ticko man!!! HAHAHA!


Us again in the hats :)


Daniel & I after our sweaty shopping spree...as can be seen from my shirt..HAHA!


Me & Daryl! :) In our room toilet...haha! :D

Day 1, Monday
I didn't take much pictures on the 1st day...Haha. I was in full white outfit! :D HAHA!

Daniel, Gabriel, Anthony & myself went to watch Feng Yun 2! :D The tickets there are cheap man (in comparison to S'pore..duh..haha), they only cost 10RM per ticket! :D


Gabriel & I outside Golden Screen Cinemas :) I wonder..does Golden Village in S'pore have anything to do with Golden Screen in M'sia? HAHA.

Anyway, Feng Yun 2 was rather boring...1stly, the show was in CANTONESE! 2ndly, the show storyling sucked...they were catching some legendary spinal bone and in the end that spinal bone broke and nothing happened...they just continued fighting.

The whole show was sound effects and graphical animations. The actors just put hold their swords forward and all the lasers and smoke layers will be added on by the graphic engineers..HAHA!

Anthony slept through 1/2 the show by the way. HAHA! And Daniel slept through 1/4 of the show..HAHAHA!


Our nightly self-portraits :D HAHA! This time it's taken @ the room corridor:)

Day 2, Tuesday
Daryl & I were both on duty on this day...we played for the worship band :)

Daryl & I @ the lobby w/ their Christmas decorations :D

Random shot...haha. Daryl gave me a flower! :D Ok..that flower was unwanted. So percy gave it to him and he gave it to me...haha...no bromance involved! :D hahaha.
Percy, Daryl & myself in our (Daryl & my) room :)

That night was memorable :) Abigail, Anna, Rebekah, Janice, Eunice Yeo & I had a HTHT session over cakes - courtesy of Rebekah :) - and a card game "Slamwich"! :)
It was really fun :D The game smacked our hands flat man...and almost smacked out Abigail & Anna's newly polished nails...HAHA!

Me & Abigail :) I'm in Rebekah's hat & she's in mine :D

After the session with my best girl friends, I had a nice time with my cell member Johan...we played Chinese Chess! :D HAHAHA!

We were later accompanied by Ashley & Azriel too :) Anthony & Shawn visited our chess club too :D HAHA!
Johan, Anthony & myself + Johan's chinese chess set :) haha.

Johan, Ashley & me :)

Johan, Azriel & myself :)

Day 3, Wednesday

The last day!! After sermon was a massive photo-taking session :)

Daryl & I in our buddy jackets! :D

Jeremy & I :)


Me, Ps Irvin Rutherford & Jeremy :) [the pastor abbreviation is not limited to the former :D HAHA!]


Joshua, Aaron & Myself :)


Lebbeus & I :D


Daryl deary & myself :)


My prettiest self portrait :D HAHAHA!
Me, Johan, Benjamin & Zhi Xian :) Johan really likes my hat..haha!
Another jacket buddy...Anthony :D haha.
Kirk & myself :)

Zi Hui & Me :)

Xiao Hua, Me & Daryl :)

Apart from the fun...let me return to my checklist, in my previous post:

1) I want to get to know 3 people better.
I did get to know 3 people better...they were Ashley, Anthony & of course the gang of girls that I HTHTed with :D I also got to know Daryl's zone members better :) That's because I bothered to go out with his 'clique' while he didn't want to with mine....HAHA! But yeah, he's got cool members :D

2) I want to have an encounter with God. Be it a reassurance touch, confirmation of direction, re-ignition of my passion, etc...
Sadly, this is a no. This is the first time I didn't really encounter God. He still spoke through me in one of the Youth meetings during the camp but I didn't get a kinda Daddy spiritual hug from Him this time.
Something's wrong. It has been for quite some time...and I'm still trying to find out why. Is God removing His presence like He did with Job? Or did I do something wrong that I must settle before coming before Him? Or did I lose my desire or passion in seeking God? But yeah, I won't backslide...haha...Just moving into a new phase of Christianity I guess :)

3) I want to fulfill my shopping list!!! :D :D HAHAHA!
I fulfilled only 65% of my shopping list! Didn't get my white belt, sneakers and Melvin's, Reuben's & Cai Jie's birthday presents! AHAHA! Sad.

4) I want to be punctual for all services! :D

I barely met this expectation. Almost voided this expectation on the last day. HAHAHA! Slept @ like 4am and had to wake up by 830am...haha. It's like training in the army man...LOLS!

Yup...Overall, this camp has been pretty fulfilling. But I do hope that our congregations' expectations of meeting with God will rise because it reflects in the nua atmosphere. The members rely heavily on the nudging and pushing of the worship leader, pastor & emcee before they start to worship.

Maybe I'm wrong. But if I am, and the atmosphere and encounters were that good, the influx of NEW believers should be much more than the current 0% Not just newcomers, but retaining and discipling them.

Ok, let me not get into these issues. HAHA! I shall do whatever I can in the youth and hope that God will do the rest :)

No comments:

Post a Comment