Thursday 18 June 2009

Sentosa Cove

It was a 13th June, Saturday when I set foot into rich man's territory - Sentosa Cove.

As Uncle Kevin drove my dad's car (My dad was overseas) and passing all the apartments to reach our destination - Azure Condos or something lidat - all we were doing is ogling at multi-million dollar houses which we probably will never possess in this lifetime.

Some of the houses there even have their own private beach and their own little jetty to park their yacht! Some houses have their own underground garage. Whoawww.....

But wait, what am I doing in Sentosa Cove? O ya, my family was invited by Sherry's mum to celebrate their granddad's birthday. Aunty Alice's sister's friend's friend wanted to sell their apartment they bought. So they decided to let us use it before selling that S$3 million++ property. Hefty sum of money man.

When I arrived, guess what filled the carparks?


Bentley Continental GT or smthn. Duno wad's the exact model name. HAHA.


Porsche Boxster.

My dad's car started to fade away into the sea of so much more elegantly designed luxury cars. But, his Nissan Presage still got us there. So yeah. Possessing a car is good enough for me. haha.

Enough of the cars. Next was the BBQ! :)


Jeravan, Boon Kang, Ashley and Me :)


Natasha, Jerina, Me, Gabriel, Kailin, Qiu Ling, Sherry, Ashley, Jeravan and Boon Kang :D


Gabriel & I :)

Next, we were obsessed with the lobbies of all the blocks of the Azure apartments. HAHA! I shall upload only 1 picture of our lobby snapping. HAHA.


Mum, Jerina, Me & Jeravan

Then, we entered into the house itself. It's balcony was facing the PRIVATE BEACH. Uber swee mans. HAHA.


At the balcony :)


Still there...haha.

I was overwhelmed with a sense of awe and a little bit of longing. But, deep within me lies this simplicity and understanding that all I want in this life is not all that luxury, but to have a loving family and to be surrounded with loving friends.

If one day I reach that stage of affluence, I wonder how many true friends will I have man. Haha.

But yeah, I have a way higher calling than just relishing the physical pleasures this life can bring. I'm not that intersted in the temporal, physical, earthly-designed structures, I'm interested in long-lasting, priceless, meaningful spiritual bridges that will link people heavenward toward Christ.

So yeah, it was an adventure. Thanks Aunty Alice for the invite! :)

1 comment:

  1. Nice blog post on sentosa cove. Have you also visited these hidden gems in Singapore?

    Hidden Gems in Singapore

    ReplyDelete