Sunday 29 August 2010

Last week of my birthday month

It's a Friday! The weekends are here! And I'm off to meet up with my poly friends to attend the TP alumni! :D This time it's not held at some nice room inside TP, but it's held in Orchard Cineleisure! :D We all had to pay $9 for a buffet dinner & a movie ticket for the movie "Step Up 3" :D

Upon knowing this offer, I phoned all my poly mates and signed them up :) Haha! The people I called and were present were Joan Tan, Jill Chen, Chor Seng, Sam, Ee Kian and Serene. However, we saw alot of our other friends too...Andy, Hoon, Belvin, Nazia, Johannes, Adi and alot more people whose faces I recognise...but not the names...HAHA!

 Adi, Chor Seng, Joan Tan, Serene, Johannes, Mr Andrew Tham, Ee Kian, Jill, Sam, ME! :D Don't ask me why Serene's IPhone4 took such a bluish picture...Haha..Must the mode setting...

The buffet dinner was good man. Haha. Chor Seng & I were clearing up the chicken wings man. I ate 10 chicken wings if I didn't count wrongly...HAHA! Along with the rest of the dishes, I was really full after that man...Haha.

Next was what we were all waiting for...The movie! Haha. It was free seating. And before I forget to mention...we were all given this laser pointer as a gift for attending this event...

Here's the irritating thing about having a theatre full of TP-ians with laser pointers...Before the movie started, everyone was playing with their laser pointers...shining at the emcee, shining at the advertisements and all... -___-" But when the show started, they stopped la...If not I'd have personally went and take their laser pointer and shine it right in their eyeball. Haha!

Anyway, the plot of the movie was utterly hackneyed. Sam & I were able to predict the whole storyline and outcome of each scene... -_-" There was no twist or surprise element that'd prove your prediction wrong. When the producer doesn't outwit you, then I think he has failed in his job...

But I must say the dance moves were awesome! Awesome because none of us in the theatre could do what they did...HAHA! The moves'd be average if compared to other dance shows like Stomp the Yard.

Anyway, we all had fun at this event :) So yay! :D

The following day Melvin called and asked me if I wanted to join them for night cycling...I don't really enjoy cycling but I enjoy the fellowship so I went. Haha. Chris already had a hotel room in Changi Village booked so he simply called more ppl to tompang :D

We cycled like 40+ click? At the end of it, my ass was aching bad, real bad. It's still painful now if I apply pressure to the anal area...the part where all my body weight and the seat meets...HAHA! They say it's because the seat quality is lousy. Haha.

Anyway, we - Jon Wee, Melvin, Christopher Cheok, Yourong and myself - cycled from Changi Village to East Coast park Mcdonald's. :D I was singing all the way man and talking occassionally with them as we cycled. Haha. I think I improved my vocal range a bit through all the hitting of the high notes at midnight...Haha!

We stopped at a few gazebos to rest our asses and our thigh muscles...haha...At one gazebo we or rather, I decided to snap a few photos :D Haha.

Jon Wee & Yourong...Shagged out...an armour infantry trooper and a commando lei! Shag should be the last thing on their list! HAHA! :P

Me, Chris Cheok & Melvin :D It's the 2 ops spec & a pre-enlistee that's still got the life man! HAHA! Whatever...LOLS :D

We reached back the hotel room at about 5am. Bathed and knocked out. And I must really say a big THANK YOU to Melvin & Christopher for waking up at 8am+ to return the bicycles before we kena extra charges...haha. Will treat you to a drink for that :) That's if you read this sentence and quote it to me :D HAHAHAHA!

Sunday arrived and in a swift change of plans, I ended up attending Heart of God church with my dad, mum & sister...initially...Until Matthew & Marc called me and I told them I was going Heart of God church..that's when they joined me :D haha!

I must say they are very much like our church. The people there are ordinary people...not some class of elites as people have portrayed them to me. They're just simple, candid and engaging. The difference between HOG & BAG is that the people there bother to make the effort to engage you. Other than that, we're very much the same.

Ok, their musicians are better, the preaching is better, sound system is better, media is better, but that's not what makes the church! What makes a church is the genuine care, concern and interest shown to an individual! And that's what they have. And of course, that culture has to be inspired and maintained by the leadership.

Their church has only 2 pastors...Ps How & his wife. Haha. That's all the pastors they need to sustain a 1600 strong predominant youth congregation! Interesting eh? It's not the quantity of the people that are running the show for God, it's the quality of the people..

And their cell group structure is different. They don't group by where you live. They group you by chemistry. Whoever brought who will stay in that particular group. So that's an interesting factor there. No matter how far the members stay from the cell meeting place, they'll still go because they simply love the fellowship, warmth and growth of the cell group. I wonder is this the case back home?

And one thing I learnt from them is...Their stage is off-limits to the congregation! I spoke to the guitarist and asked if I could play his guitar...He was like "Whoa, no you can't" In our church, even the kids can go up and play them...Haha.

Things are different there. And my church isn't far away from what it can actually be. It just needs a change of leadership. For everything rises and falls on leadership. The church is what it is because of the leaders that lead it...And interestingly, God is actually somewhat 'restrained' by man. He can only do so much as the people and the leaders avail themselves. So if they don't, God, so to speak, can't do much to change the church. But he can use circumstances to shake it up and wake them up and eventually, kick them out. Haha.

So yup, I hope our church will understand what the ecclesiastical church actually means. That's why doctrine is so important! That's the book I'm reading now by Joshua Harris "Dug Down Deep". He talks about how doctrine governs everything in this world.

And after service, Matthew, Marc & myself headed for dinner with Renee (marc's darling) at Raffle's City Shokudo :D

Renee & Marc...Check out the number of dishes we ordered...HAHA! Only 4 of us btw...LOLS.

Matthew with his fresh bout of sushis and sashimis....hahaha.

Marc & myself :D

Marc, Me & My big hotdog!! :D HAHA!

We over bought food there man. And I also got my Shokudo membership! :D Haha. And it's my birthday month so the discounts were good :D Good enough to offset the $30 needed to obtain the membership...Haha. So we got it. :D LOLS!

Yup, had a great weekend man :D I hope every weekend will be as fun and less-fattening...HAHA! :D On with the month of September... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment