Wednesday 18 August 2010

Devastating PT

It's been at least 3 months since I ran more than 2.4km man...And today, I felt a little garang...I went for the AHM training...and ran 14km!! Whoa! I tell you, up till now my calf muscles are aching. I completed it in 2 hours...Quite an achievement citing the fact that my fitness level has dropped to like...Just pass IPPT standard? HAHA!

My CSB 10km run took me 50mins man...Look @ me now...+4km timing x2 liao...HAHA! Dua lao sai...Like what one of my Ops Room Spec 1SG Joshua said "I'm sliding down the hill...reaching the ravine soon" HAHA! The ravine of physical UN-fitness. I was at my peak in SISPEC...now...Even getting a silver medal may require 2 months of prayer & training. HAHA!

Anyway, the week's been good thus far...Only getting a little irritated with the PBL (problem-based learning) style of learning that Aidross (my upperstudy) is giving me...and the expectations heaved on me as a new guy...I find it unfair...I mean, who is he to tell me I'm underperforming when they refuse to teach properly? Saying only "You are the IC how come you don't know?" or "You go find out yourself ah" As if that helps at all. Then I might as well not ask him. Even boss doesn't tell me that.

But, in my good-mannered, wana keep the relationship good, me, I shall reserve my bullets and slaps. Cos I stand to lose the most if I offend him.

But sometimes, in this carnal world, his style of working is pretty effective as his nonchalance, guai-lan-ness and tao-ness will sort of make people "fear" you or distant themselves from you. People don't joke around or play around with him as crazily as they do with me. That's because they feel at ease with me and can express themselves w/o being judged or told off. To him it'll be "This stupid guy don't know how to draw the line...Look how he's being taken exploited now" kinda thing.

Well, we have 2 different mindsets and working styles. Let's see if I'll have to change mine to his.

Yup, I'm feeling the physical fatigue liao...from the running. So I guess I'll turn in early, or rather, earlier tonight :D HAHA! Bye :)

No comments:

Post a Comment