Sunday 22 August 2010

Guitar Duck!

My Thursday night was spent dinner-ing with Serene & Regina :) We met @ Orhard for dinner :D As usual, I was early..HAHA! Ok, Serene was too...so we shopped around till Princess Regina arrived. LOLS!
So off we went finding our dinner place. After much hunting and debating, we finally settled for this Chinese Restaurant...If I'm not wrong it's called the "Asian Kitchen" in ION.

Upon opening the menu, one thing that caught my eye was the dish "GUITAR duck". The word "GUITAR" stood out boldly...Haha! The very instrument I love playing became something edible!! HAHA! Anyway, the menu showed just a normal duck picture...and in the end I didn't order it. HAHA! I should've man! LOLS.


Apart from the guitar ducks that really impressed me, the eggy bowl also really impressed Regina...haha. It's just a cute little dim-sum like bowl with rice, massive amounts of ba chor (minced meat) and half an egg...So much for the word "eggy". HAHA! Anyway, their selling point is the cute name and cute presentation I guess...haha.

Regina & her "eggy bowl" :D

Anyway, the main thing about our lil' meet up is the AWESOME CONVOs that we had :D Regina really inspired us with her testimonies from India...She talked about what faith can do in a faith-filled, desperate-for-God body of believers. She went on about how the presence of God was so strong during worship that the moment they stepped into the church, they won't begin to weep because the presence of God was so strong.

The reality of God's presence also caused demonised believers to manifest...There were so many manifestations that they couldn't handle it...Yining was so overwhelmed and helpless that she simply fell to her knees in worship. Regina when she laid her hands on a girl, the girl FLEW backwards and hit aside all the chairs. Whoa. Haha. Can't imagine man.

All the testimonies she shared begin to ring a familiar longing in my heart to see this astronomical power of God revealed in every believer. My heart began to cry out again...Thank God my eyeballs didn't cry out...Haha! My heart has grown cold after seeing the state of my church.

Sometimes, it's not their fault cos like Ps Daniel said "No one has bad intentions toward the church" but somehow along the way, people may discover that they're ineffective or that they don't have the skills required to fully assume that position and all...So all my blaming and all is actually uncalled for and I should talk it out with the big guy. But somehow, I feel that talking with him is also useless. Haha!

Anyway, we went on to shop around...


Regina got creative and decided to take photos with Serene's heart biscuits... -__-" Haha. She just wants to use her IPhone 4 la huh...haha

When we're at the MRT wanting to go off, we still stood there for a good 30mins chatting and talking...And I was telling them about my Sabbatical and all...Haha. And Regina still had more stories to encourage us with.......FINALLY, we decided to go. Haha!

The ride back with Serene was also cool, got to know what God's doing in her life and how He's confirmed His specific will in her life. Awesome man! I'm just waiting and seeking that "GO JON" 2 words from God and I'll give my all for Him man...But now God is interested in grooming me, my character through a really SSSLLLOOOWWW painful process of submitting, surrendering and dying to self.

Sometimes I wonder how much non-Christians stand to lose when they miss out all these in life. They enjoy themselves and all...and sometimes I do get envious as to why they are seemingly happier and more carefree etc...and sometimes I also wonder why they are seemingly so oblivious to the problems and depravity that plague our empty souls. Questions of purpose, longing, love, acceptance, desire, etc...I wonder how they fill that void in their souls.

Anyway, I'm just glad to have good friends to go out with occassionally to just have dinner and have a hearty chat.

Yup, that was my Thursday :D

No comments:

Post a Comment