Monday 27 August 2012

Take this world and give me Jesus!

It's been a REAL long time since I've blogged my spiritual insights...Got A LOT TO SHARE!! But I shall finish blogging about events first...which never seem to end...Haha!

Some revelations are too personal to blog...and some are too controversial to publicize. But all I have shared with the people that believe in me and made me who I am :)

Anyway, this is a really random post about this totally awesome song by Building 429. I was on the MRT when my playlist randomly played this song.

When the song hit the climax at the chorus, I almost cried...The tears almost just flowed outta my eyes on the MRT! LOL! People would've thought me crazy if they didn't know that the hope I profess and am clinging on to has been so beautifully summarized in this song.

It's more than a song...It's an anthem. It's a cry. It's a confession deep down in the recesses of my depraved soul.

The tune and especially the lyrics hit this deep conviction in my spirit...and its reverberations shook my soul and body and it almost pushed tears out of my eye sockets.

This song's called "Where I Belong". Nope, it's not by Tanya Chua...LOL! It's by a band that knows the heart of Christ - Building429 :) Song & lyrics below :)



WHERE I BELONG
Building 429

Sometimes it feels like I'm watching, from the outside
Sometimes it feels like I'm breathing, but am I alive?
I won't keep searching for answers, that aren't here to find

Chorus:
All I know is I'm not home yet
This is not where I belong
Take this world and give me Jesus
This is not where I belong

So when the walls come falling, down on me
And when I'm lost in the current, of a raging sea
I have this blessed assurance, holding me

Bridge:
When the earth shakes
I wanna be found, in you
When the lights fade
I wanna be found in you

Amidst all the mess and heartaches that's surrounding my life right now...I know that "I have this blessed assurance, holding me"

This song simply reminds me that...I'm not home yet! Whatever shit life can throw at me is NOTHING! Because, when I get home, I'll get cleaned up and I'll be resting at home for the rest of eternity!

My life isn't problem-free...Duh! Whose life is? I'm loving my university life without a shadow of a doubt. But I can't say the same for my church-life...and my family-life is awesome too but improvements are aplenty.

So many things I want to do but don't know where to start or how to start...I'm just waiting...Waiting for my Saviour to lead me :)

And the greatest burden on my heart right now is to see all my university friends saved. I've fallen in love with OHH SO MANNYYYY OF THEM!!!!

The thought of being in love with them on Earth temporarily and not eternally in heaven really gets my heart aching, tears flowing and spirit yearning.

I was telling one of my newfound awesome friends about why I wanna bring my friends to church recently. She's graduating in a year's time :'( and we were talking about how we'll MISSSSS our university friends so terribly! HAHAHA!

We then talked about how we left our primary, secondary school friends and poly/JC friends and how we moved on from all the awesome friends we made.

At that juncture I just told her why I wanna bring all my friends to church...reason being "Church is a place of eternal friendship."

It's somewhere where we'll be friends for the rest of our mortal lives and also friends for the rest of our immortal lives with Christ.

My friend, if you're reading this and are not in love with my greatest lover - Jesus, I just want you to know that Jesus and I love you :) And it's not about religion, money, fame, numbers, etc...or whatever you may think Christianity represents...We're simply a family that will be there for each other :)

I'd like to leave you with this thought...

What if Jesus and Christianity is false?
Well, we'd have wasted our lives going to church and doing church-stuff...BUT, it's not wasted...because through it, I've made so many awesome friends and did something seemingly "purposeful".

BUT, what if what JESUS said is true?
This means that we miss out all there is that we were created for! And this means that we'll face eternal condemnation - hell.

I KNOW, the notion of hell is absurd and even offensive...And I KNOW this is a REALLY WEAK ARGUMENT...but if arguments are what you're looking for, please dialogue with me...Trust me, I've asked all the questions you could've possibly asked.

I'm just bringing about a really logical thought here...And to bring out the typical kiasu Singaporean culture in us...Play safe, YOU'VE GOT NOTHING TO LOSE!

Yup, that whole paragraph just flowed off my fingers...I guess I'll leave it there...

Basically this post is to tell you how I am doing now and yup, I'm doing FANTABULOUSLY AWESOMEEE! :)

And those are the few things on my heart that's keeping me on my toes in life :) To all my relatives, dearies, besties, friends and acquaintances...Don't lose sight of your eternal destination!

May this song "Where I Belong" remind you that THIS IS NOT YOUR HOME!! PRESS ON! ALLEZ!! :) Lemme leave us with this awesome verse:

Philippians 3:12-14 "Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already arrived at my goal, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me. Brothers and sisters, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus."

May Jesus be always be in the centre of your lives! Revolve your life around His and not His around yours! :)

Have a great week ahead! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment