Friday 16 September 2011

NTU Week 5 & 6! :)

Lessons in NTU were as per normal...Like this...

Chor Seng...as usual...haha

Yong Jian!! Not very usual!! Haha...Our all star academic-scholar seldom sleeps in lecture! HAHA! I'll expound below why he's our all-star academic scholar...haha.

A shot of Kai Sen at the mooncake festival celebration...by which I left halfway to study because it got kinda boring...Haha!

Apart from that, there are...

Three main highlights of the past 2 weeks in Nanyang Technological University (NTU) :)
1) I'm finally a recognized student of NTU! :D
2) I got into a CCA!
3) Birthday celebration! Not mine...duh.

1) If you're wondering why I'm finally a recognized student of NTU...I recently got something that, without it, I cannot take exams, cannot use the school's facilities (if they check) and cannot vote for people contesting in CCA posts and JCRC posts, etc...
That important something is...

My matriculation card!! :D
Of course I blanked out the vital information on the card, lest you take it down and blackmail me or something...HAHA!

2) There are many CCAs I want to join, but I only have time for one. And taking more CCAs won't add to my hall points...

So I told God, "the first CCA to accept me, I shall take it as an open door from You! :)" Prayers like these are dangerous...but such prayers has led to where I am today :)

I auditioned for Jazz & Blues...a jamming band...and they didn't get back to me...means that I didn't make the cut....

And the next CCA that got back to me with a positive reply was...OutDoor Adventure Club (ODAC)! :D

I am now a sub-comm of Pumpfest, a department in ODAC which organizes bouldering activities in shopping centres across Singapore :) If you wondering what is bouldering, it's rock climbing! I didn't what was that either until they told me.

During the ODAC sub-comm interview, you can choose several departments which you want to join - Freshman Overseas Orientation Trip (FOOT), Trekcomm, Adsports, etc...

I selected Pumpfest as my first choice, FOOT as my second choice and Trekcomm as my third. FOOT is pretty self-explanatory...organizing freshmen orientation camps OVERSEAS! Trekcomm is the scouts of ODAC...You will go in groups of 3 (If I remember correctly) to recce new destinations for ODAC.

The only reason I put Pumpfest as my first choice is because Chor Seng & Kai Sen encouraged me insistently to join them. Haha. In fact, it was them who psycho-ed me to join ODAC in the first place. Haha. I would never have joined this CCA if not for them. Lols.

So, the office I hold now in ODAC Pumpfest is a Logistic Officer, together with Chor Seng & Kai Sen. HAHA! One of the main reasons why I am a logistics officer is because I got a driver's license... -.-"

Anyway, I was chatting with one of my seniors, Tee Wee (If I spelt her name correctly...) and she told me that she wanted me in FOOT actually. HAHA! But Priscilla and Wei Hong from Pumpfest also wanted me! HAHA! My ego is so boosted now...LOLS!! HAHA! Jkjk. But since I put Pumpfest as 1st choice, so Priscilla & Wei Hong got a greater reason to take me...haha.

I must have made an impression during the interview...HAHAHA! Chor Seng called my casual, interactive approach during the interview "flirting" with them... -__-" Haha. I beg to differ. Anyway, I shall not divulge the contents of my interview lest I get further labelled....HAHAHA!

Anyway, we, Pumpfest XV (15) already had our first meeting :) The meeting was awesome :D The people there are really enthu and encouraging :) They really take the initiative to engage you and they value your thoughts.

We also celebrated Kai Sen's birthday! :)

Pumpfest XV!

Take 2...

Take 3! :)

Take 4...We're doing the symbol "P" for Pumpfest :D

Their standard ODAC pose...haha.

Anyway, our Pumpfest heads or SPOs (Special Project Officers) are in red at the extreme right...Priscilla & Wei Hong :)

3) Kai Sen's birthday is TODAY! :) Shi Jun & myself went to his room at 12am to give him a surprise! :D Haha.

Here's what happened...I called Shi Jun..."Eh, where you now ar? We meeting at 12am right?"
"Ya, on the way already...On bus 199, goes direct to their hall right?"
"Yup. Drop me a SMS when you reach!"

I then continued studying Circuit Analysis in my hall's reading room...haha. Then came his SMS. "I reached alr."
"Ok, I'll walk there now."

When I reached Kai Sen's hall, hall 9, I called Shi Jun "Eh, I'm here already where are you ar?"
"I'm here lor...Hall 12 right?"
When I heard that line...my eyeballs popped out. HAHAHAHA!
"HALL 12?! They're in HALL NINE lei..."
"OH IS IT? Gosh! I remembered wrongly! How to walk there ar?"
"I also don't know!!"
"Whoa, I'm looking at the map now...is it near ADM?"
"Yup, near ADM :D"

15minutes later, a sweaty Shi Jun arrived...HAHA! He took a 10min mountainous walk to hall 9 from hall 12. LOLS!

That wasn't the only "fail" occurrence...

We went there and met Chor Seng below his hall and he told us frantically that Kai Sen's gonna leave his hall to celebrate with others already...Next, we didn't have a lighter to light the candle!! HAHA!

Chor Seng went to his neighbour friend's room and they were not in! HAHA! Chor Seng went back to his room to try to stall Kai Sen while we found his candle....BUT...his orientation group already arrived to wish him happy birthday!!

When they saw Chor Seng they were like "CHOR SENG!! COME COME!!" despite his elaborate hand motions telling them to "SHHHHH!!!" HAHA!

In the end, Chor Seng didn't manage to stall Kai Sen and he walked out and bumped into us! -__-" Fail part 2. HAHA!

We immediately reacted by singing the birthday song!! HAHAHA! With the unlighted cake in Shi Jun's hand. Haha! Yup, picture's below!

Shi Jun, Kai Sen, Chor Seng & Myself :)

And on Friday, we celebrated Kai Sen's birthday at Swensen's....again...Using up my last 2x $40 Swensen's vouchers! Haha!
Chor Seng, Sam, Kai Sen, Yong Jian & Myself :)

Yong Jian is our all-star academic-scholar. He does all his tutorials and gets 75% of them correct while we are struggling to keep pace...HAHA!

He teaches us very well too. Haha. Anyway, I also met him before...in Combined Arms Term in SISPEC!! HAHA! Small world.

Anyway, here's a picture of the bill...with the 2x $40 vouchers included :D HAHA!


Yup, Happy Birthday Kai Sen! :) And...My stupid nose has been running since yesterday...I think I'm catching a flu man...Better sleep more and drink more hot water...Anyway, I did drink hot water in Swensen's! HAHA! Ok whatever...Lols

Praying for many more great weeks in NTU :)

No comments:

Post a Comment