Friday 16 September 2011

Imprisoned in my own room!

It happened on the Presidential Election's off in lieu on Monday, 29/8/2011. Yes, once again, that's like 3 weeks ago...Haha.

Anyway, this is how it all happened...

I was sleeping soundly when suddenly the door slammed due to the wind - someone didn't close my room's door properly.

That slam woke me up so I proceeded to wake up. I plopped myself out of the bed, put on my spectacles, walked to the door and pulled down the handle.......NOTHING HAPPENED!!

The latching mechanism had spoilt!! My brother called my dad and he insisted that it can be unlocked from the inside by using a metal ruler to go in between and unlatch the catch...or whatever you call it...haha.

Anyway, to cut the long story short, my dad came back from his office armed with metal wires for me to tie around the metal piece sticking out - the latch - that was keeping the door closed. That failed. The wire broke every time I tried.

I was getting really pissed off because 1 hour of my day is spent trying to open a spoilt door -_-"

Anyway, our final method - my dad slipped a small, handheld hacksaw under my door...

The equipment that set me free!! :)

And I began sawing....haha. Thankfully, the gap in between the door and its frame was big enough for the saw to fit in...because I tried to fit the saw on my other room doors...it couldn't fit! Thank God! HAHA!

This is what I did...
Up and down all the way until the catch is half sawed...

I sawed for about 5 minutes before the catch or latch or whatever you call it was half gone...That's when my dad gave the door a KARATE KICK!! HAHAHA!

"BAAAAMMMM!!!" and the flew flung open, breaking the half-sawed latch. Here's what it looked like...

 FREEDOM!!

This is what I sawed out...and that was what kept me locked in my OWN ROOM! A small shitty piece of metal!! Haha!

Yup, that was a really interesting experience and thus it warrants a blog post! One thing I know I will always have in my house - a small and slim hacksaw!! You never know when you need things like these! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment