Saturday 20 August 2011

Liang Tian Wei

If you think that I'm into some chinese manga or reading some chinese kung-fu comic, think again. I do not possess such idiosyncrasies. Haha.

He's not some handsome, charming, strong, full-of-valour-kung-fu-master, but he's a nice, chubby, white, be-spectacled, boomer-ish, tenor-ranged, small-eyed china national.

Mr. Liang Tian Wei is my new NTU room-mate! He is a year 2 student in NTU with a GPA of 4.2/5!! WHOA! I aim to get around that GPA for my 1st year too man! Heavenly Father help me!!! :)

I kept praying for God to give me an awesome roommate and at the same time, every time I apprehensively talk about my future hall roomy with others, I keep cracking jokes with them like "I scared when I open my hall room door, the first greeting I hear is "Ni hao-r! Wo-r shi liang tian wei-r! :)" kinda jokes...Hahaha!

I can vividly remember 2 occasions I cracked this joke...With Daniel & Hong Hwee during my follow up session with Daniel and with Chor Seng & Kai Sen...Haha. I used this joke widely with countless number of other people who ask me about my roommate in NTU. Haha.

And now, this is what I get...HAHAHA! Rabak!! Haha! But he's a really nice guy la...For now...haha...ok, from what I've observed thus far.

2 interesting encounters with him thus far...

1) The first night...I was still on the computer when he wanted to sleep already. So he proceeded to the light switch, placed his finger on it and asked "Wo-r yao shui-jiao le-r, wo-r ge yi guan-deng ma-r?" If you don't understand han yu pin yin or if you get confused with the added pronunciation-aids, he meant "I wanna sleep already, can I turn off the lights?"

Of course I said yes...His finger was already on the light switch. HAHA! Cute la he...Lols.

2) I came back to my room and just outside our room door was a dead lizard on the corridor. And it wasn't just some carcass...it was a huge, bloody carcass of a lizard!! Smeared around it was its innards splashed with some black and yellowish-green liquid!! HU-LEE-YA!!

So I was like "Ni sha de ah? Hen er xin lei!" (You kill one ar? Very disgusting lei!)...He was like "Bu shi wo sha de! Wo bu tong shui sha de ah!)

I then took my toiletries and proceeded to bathe. When I returned, the carcass was cleared and the floor was clean! I then asked him "Ni ba na-ei ge bi hu diu diao le ah?" (You disposed of the dead lizard already ah?) He went "Dui". I was so thankful. Haha.

I would've left it there by the corridor and a huge company of ants would've gathered around it by next morning but he cleared it! Haha.

Thank God for him. Lols!

We've chatted quite a bit here and there...shared with him about my army life and about how every guy has to go through army. Little did I know that they all really respect us Singaporean guys because we go army! Haha.

He also told me that every year, around 300 students from China will enroll in NTU!! Mother nature!! 7 months before they start their curriculum here, they will have an induction programme organised by NTU.

In their 7 months here, they are housed in some dormitory in Bedok and they will report to NTU to learn English and learn about Singapore culture. He even went to the Singapore Discovery Centre and learnt about our army man. Haha. No wonder he knew quite a bit about our army here. Lols.

The scary thing is...300 PRCs enroll yearly!!! DUA LAO SAI!!! We have yet to take into consideration other nationalities like the Indonesians, Malaysians, Vietnamese and Burmese! I've seen those 4 nationalities in my tutorial groups already. Haha.

Yup, so those locals reading this post, STUDY HARD! Don't get pawned and owned by these foreigners!! LOLS!

Yup, will blog more about my academic and extra-curricular life in NTU in another post...hopefully soon...Haha.

Lastly, Thank you Jesus for everything! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment