Friday 15 April 2011

BBQ @ Melvin Tay's place :D

Had my first outing with my CG (connect group) last Tuesday (5/4/2011) at Melvin Tay's place. His house is super near Haw Par Villa...At first didn't know where that is, now I know...haha.

Melvin's house is BIG! He has his own private BBQ pit and a 4 storey house! Haha. Upon stepping in, the first thing I noticed was a few statues of Buddha and all...I then found out that his dad is a Buddhist and his mum a free thinker.

The outing was a very standard, informal gathering where everyone just gathers and watch TV, play cards while the manly group goes to start the fire and get everything going.

I belong to the "play card" group. LOLS! Haha!

Monopoly Deal is still very much in "fashion" here in Heart of God church. I've grown bored of playing this game man. Played it so many billion times with my Bethel mates already...HAHA! But then again, it's not about the game right? The game is just a catalyst, a platform to make knowing each other easy.

Desmond, Wesley & Myself Monopoly-Dealing...


Sabrina & Chi Wen :)

The most popular photo in this whole outing...Yong An in his hum sup position...caught by Sabrina using my camera...haha.

Of course, I also went out to the BBQ area to snap a few photos...before going back to my card game lair...ahaha.


Back at the card game lair, we were all peacefully playing our card games when suddenly those at the BBQ pit started shouting "FIRE!"

We all rushed out to see what the commotion was about....and this is what we saw.

-__-"

Here we have the culprit posing...Haha! 

Just a small fire. LOLS. We then went out to makan.

C7 + C70! Ok, not even half of them are in this picture...LOLS.

After whacking up all the food, we were all still hungry! So we took a lil' walk to buy pizza! :)

Pizzzzaaaa! :)


Yup, had a great time carding and randomly chatting with different people. I feel so old there. All of them are like 15,16-20. Those 20 and above are very few...Haha.

Also got to know Melvin much better. He's a really nice, sweet, straight-forward guy. Even while buying pizza, he reminded us not to buy pizza with beef because we got a few Buddhist friends in our midst. What a guy. Haha.

Now I don't see him as the usual keep-to-himself, quiet kinda guy, he's actually quite articulate. He just doesn't initiate the convos. Haha.

Well, I hope I'll get to know more peeps and hopefully find a real good friend who really understands me and shares the same heartbeat for God.

Thanks Melvin for opening your place! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment