Saturday 22 May 2010

1x Heat Cramp!!

After exercise Cobra we had a break. The next exercise was a short section battle course, a 2 day 1 night exercise.

My appointment? 1st Matador! Haha. So off we went for our battle course. Everything was fine until after we finished our 1st contact point. This was how it went...

1) We were all resting under the shade.
2) I felt giddy so I stood up and shook my head a bit. I thought I was fine.
3) Next thing I was too giddy to sit or stand so I was lying down.
4) My hands started to go numb.
5) My legs too.
6) I couldn't feel my hands.
7) I couldn't feel my legs.
8) I was in a dazed frenzy.
9) My section mates carried me onto the stretcher.
10) I was on the rover to a makeshift medical tentage.

Stages 1-8 happened really quickly. I was semi-conscious by then. So I was blabbering a lot of bullshit...HAHA! All this blabbering of bullshit made me the most famous heat cramp case in my company and probably the whole of ASLC. Haha!

Some of my most famous statements which are widespreadly used by my platoon mates are:
1) "I don't wanna be a corporal!! I've come this far!!"

2) When asked to shut up I uttered an explanation...
"I can't! Once I never talk means I K.O. already!!"

3) When I was given the IV drip...
"Ouch!! Don't poke me!! Stop poking me!!"

Guess what? My CO, Major Chua was there hearing all my bullshit!! HAHA! So was one of my platoon commanders - 2 WO Ronnie. A lot of staff sergeants and faculty team 3rd sergeants were also there...HAHA! Imagine all the commanders hearing you blabbering rubbish. HAHA!

My friends told me that my CO rebutted my 1st famous statement "You better shut up or I'll make you a one month corporal!" HAHA! And thanks to my encik, he spread this story far and wide and suan-ed me whenever he sees me...HAHAHA!

Anyway, this was one interesting experience. Back at the MO, I received the coveted MC...HAHAHA! :D

MC! 1 day atten C, 1 day light duty :D

My pack of 12x ORS...haha!
Oral Rehydration Salts (ORS)

The verdict? CPT (Dr.) Chiam told me that drinking lots of water is not enough, we need to take the ORS. The weather there was almighty hot and thus we were losing more than water, our salts were also used up.

Just when I thought I was really strong...carrying the signal set 70% of the way in Ex Cobra and all...I kena 1x heat cramp -_-" Haha.

Yup, that was one experience that I'll never forget...It's also an experience everyone else will, unfortunately, never forget...HAHA!

No comments:

Post a Comment