Thursday 16 April 2009

Philippines Mission Trip

This is what i'll be sharing for thursday prayer meeting AND MORE. Yup, these are the 2 things i really, really learnt :)

Philippines Youth Camp Testimony

I want to thank God for this amazing 5 day trip. Although we had only 1 day to shop, we still had a lot of fun.

I learnt 2 main things during the mission trip:
1) To focus and rely on God and not on what’s going on around us. The first day, my running nose took its toll on me, using up 4 tissue packs! Later during the ministry time, Ps Aaron asked me to play the guitar and lead the people during the altar call. That’s when and unknowingly my mucus stopped flowing. After everything then I realised that it’s gone!
God then dropped in my heart that when I begin to focus on doing what God wants me to do and do it, He will remove the hindrances. The problem with me is that I’ve been focusing on the problem! It’s a simple truth that we all know but sometimes fail to exercise in our daily lives. And this is the first thing I learnt.
2) The second thing I learnt is on the last night when Ps Aaron did not preach at all but the Holy Spirit moved so strongly such that the Christians who were demonised began to manifest in the presence of God. I learnt that it is not the words that we can say that matters; it is the move of the Holy Spirit that matters and we must have that faith to break the usual flow of the service – which is in this case, no preaching. This is yet another simple truth that we all know but it became more real when I witnessed it myself. So the second thing that I learnt is to have faith to act on God’s direction.
On top of all this, I was initially rather lazy to go and mix around and talk to people etc... But then i remembered one of my expectation was to minister WITH and WITHOUT a platform. The Holy Spirit reminded me and i begin to take the intiative to talk and enjoy people. When i started doing that, I began to feel more comfortable with them and know them more :) Thank God for that timely reminder and 'chastise'.



To those who've never been on a mission team, GO NOW and be STRETCHED and discover that God can use anyone who avails themselves :)

No comments:

Post a Comment