Tuesday 5 February 2013

上海歌城 + Supper

It’s yet another lazy Saturday morning and we had nothing planned for the day except going singing with the rest at night.

I think I woke up at 12pm or 1pm…as usual…HAHA! After having a lil’ leftover breakfast that Jamie & Zhi Sheng cooked, I went on to read my Bible J

Chor Seng already left to meet Xuan Qi and the rest (as usual..HAHA!) while we nua-ed at home. Haha!

The moment I finished my quiet time was the moment Zhi Sheng suggested “Let’s go gym!” Haha! God’s timing is indeed perfect. LOL!

So off we were to the gym to do some workout :D

Me! :D
Zhi Sheng on the treadmill :D
Soon Hwee doing weights...I know...he looks like he's falling off the chair..HAHA!
If you’re wondering where did we gym at…you’re gonna get a really expensive answer…LOL!

Beside our “condo” or apartment is a really atas hotel called Dorsett Shanghai :D I think it’s a 3 or 4 star hotel. Inside it is a really ATAS gym. HAHA!

The gym is pretty small… Four to five people’s a crowd already in this small gym…But it’s still atas because it’s very clean, well taken care of and their facilities are well-maintained. I know it’s like DUH it’s a hotel…but, in China, you rarely see such well-kept facilities. Haha.

The most awesome thing about the gym is its toilet. The toilet has a SAUNA! LOL! It also has a towel rack by which we can freely take from and it has shower facilities.

The next thing you should be wondering is…how did we get in? HAHA! The thing is, WE JUST WALK IN LIKE A BOSS! LOL!

Of course we dressed down…not with our winter down coats, scarf, ski cap, gloves and all. We simply donned a jacket, track pants and sports shoes and WALK IN LIKEABOSS! LOL!

The gym is unmanned! There’s actually a counter there but no one’s there! Haha! Their staffs are probably slacking and eating snakes…HAHA!

Oh, over here, they call it “打酱油” which, in our Singapore terms means “jiak zhua” or “eat snake”…HAHA!

Yup, there we were, illegally gym-ing #likeaboss. HAHA! LOL! The gym has only 2 treadmills, 2 cycling machines and one weight machine for lats pulldown and stuff. The rest were benches and dumbbells.

Gym-ing halfway, I over-exerted myself and let out a manly “AHHH!” which activated their 打酱油 staff over! LOL!

She walked in looked at us and walked out. LOL! I think she thought we were guests because when she walked in we were SPEAKING ENGLISH :D LOL!

If we were to be conversing in mandarin, she might think we were some locals who sneaked in. HAHA!

The best part is, after we’re done gym-ing, we also walked out LIKE-A-BOSS by the main entrance. We even greeted the staff at the counter as one of them opened the main door for us. HAHAHA!

Yup, that was a really interesting #Likeaboss experience. TOTALLY. HAHAHA! We’re gonna do that for the next 6 months man. HAHA!

After the gym session, our tummies were rumbling and we called 外卖as usual :D We ordered some KFC family feast. HAHA!

The chicken was good BUT I think they shortchanged us 2 pieces of chicken! We were like…”Eh, why like so little ah?” LOL! -.-“

We didn’t bother to pursue the matter because it was just way too troublesome and the price was not worth our efforts. Haha.

Yup, we then got changed and got ready to meet the rest to SING K!! YAY! :D HAHA! Gareth came over to our place to meet us.

OH, talking about Gareth coming over…this was how the war began! LOL LOL LOL!! Actually, they signaled war in the afternoon already.

I don’t think I shall blog about this in detail unless I have the time to. In a nutshell, all of us (11 in total) were planning to go on a CNY trip together.

However, the trip planners only planned the trip for 8 people and didn’t inform the rest (which they will ferociously deny). I figured the planners did that because they didn’t want such a big group but didn’t know how to tell the others not to tag along.

The 11 of us make up 3 different houses. Basically, one of my housemates abandoned us (according to him, he was blinded by a fit of rage) to go on a trip with another house which had a pretty girl whom he has continually showed favour towards for an extended period of time. HAHAHA!

This he will also viciously deny but thus far, his actions have spoken otherwise and many friends have voiced their displeasure in his 重色情友 ways. So yeah, this is how it began…on a lazy Saturday afternoon. LOL.

OK, back to the less-tensional part of the story…HAHA! We were going to SING K!! WHHHEEEEEEEE! :D So Zhi Sheng, Soon Hwee, Gareth and myself hopped onto a cab and headed there.

The cab driver dropped us at the wrong outlet -.-“ Haha! There are like several 上海歌城 in that area -_-“ It was around 人民广场/陆家嘴 area.

Thankfully, the outlet that everyone was at already was just a 10 minute walk away. Whew…LOL! If not, we’d be pretty pissed.

We walked in to a rather reserved atmosphere I felt and I was all ready to lighten it up :D HAHA! After the four of us arrived, I got us to do a lil’ introduction because there was a new face…Gareth was like “How come got stranger one?” LOL LOL!

The new face was Chloe, a Singaporean 上海nese who is also an NTU student on exchange! Haha. Yup, shall let the pictures take over from here :D

From left: Ting Yi, Soon Hwee, Gareth, ME, Serene, Shu Min & Chloe :D
Warming up to each other's vocals...haha!
ME! HAHAHA! :D
Me again...+ Chloe
Oh by the way, the girl in the photo above pictured with me is Chloe, the hybrid Singaporean-Shanghainese. Haha! She seems unimpressed with my vocal competency. LOL LOL!

Yu Fen, Me, Ting Yi & Shu Min :D
Me, Jamie, Zhi Sheng & Soon Hwee :D
From left: Yu Fen, Ting Yi, Shu Min, Me, Gareth, Soon Hwee & Chloe :D
Ting Yi, Me, Jamie & Zhi Sheng :)
I must say the group of us here can REALLY SING. The 2 best singers in the house were Soon Hwee and Yu Fen!!

None of us expected Soon Hwee to sing that well. LOL! Because his normal talking voice/tone was kinda like normal? It didn’t have a unique tone to it. Haha.

But when he took the mike, it was a whole different story! LOL! He imitates the original singer’s voice VERY WELL. His voice really turned heads. Haha!

The next one is Yu Fen. Her voice is also *WOW*. Her rendition of the chinese songs are also really similar to the artist’s one. She also know how to harmonize. Level up. LOL!

When I heard her voice I was really wow-ed by it and I was like “Is it sung for me one or not?” LOL LOL!

Soon Hwee & Yu Fen did a few duets together. It was simply amazing…用中文来形容是叫天衣无缝! Haha! It was really seamless perfection.

Because they kept duet-ing, we started stirring :D HAHAHAHA! Soon Hwee found his singing mate! So happy for him! LOL LOL!

For me, I covered almost all the English songs. HAHA! Oh, and my rendition of “童话” won Soon Hwee’s appraisal. HAHA! He was like “,唱得充满感情” HAHA!

Anyway, I’ve already been singing in church for service since like…secondary 4? So, no count. Haha! LOL!

And oh, Jamie bought us all egg tarts! J Jamie’s always the caring mother who never fails to provide and care for us :D Haha! Really glad to have her as a housemate. Haha!

Egg tarts from Lillian Bakery :D
EGG TARTSS!! :D
The most memorable part? I just started singing the song “Hero” by Enrique Iglesias when Shu Min teased me “Hero! Such a nice song! BUT, sung by Jonavan ah?!” HAHA!

I was singing the verse at that time “Would you dance, if I asked you dance…” and when I heard what she said, this was my melodic reply…*play the tune of the verse to the lyrics*

“Shu Min, Can you please shut your mouth.” HAHAHA! I couldn’t continue either because of the laughter. Yi Ting, seated beside me was like “Whoa, you just owned her la…now she very sad already.”

HAHA! After that, she really became much more quiet and everyone kept blaming me. -_-“ HAHA! But she’s fine la…After that I asked her if she’s fine and…of course she is! Haha!

Shu Min’s a really spontaneous, fun-loving person if you don’t know her. She’s the one that kept our K-boxing alive by adding comments to the music’s MV. HAHAHA!

She also sings very well. I think this group of us are really good singers…like totally. Because when I go sing with friends, usually only half of them are vocally competent…but for this group of untrained non-musicians (if my assumption is not wrong), it’s really impressive. Haha!

From left: Kian Yong, Chloe, Yu Fen, Ting Yi, ME, Zhi Sheng, Soon Hwee, Gareth, Shu Min & Chloe :D
Take 2 of all of us! :)
After our 3hour++ session of belting out many English and Chinese songs, we decided to…NOT GO HOME…but eat SUPPER! HAHA!

It was my crazy idea actually but the rest kinda liked my idea too. HAHA! So off we were in 3 cabs to our supper place…

Chao Zhou Claypot Porridge City :D Directly translated...LOL
Me holding their menu :D
This place is always offering 打七折. HAHA! In china, they don’t go buy 30% discount or 50% off kinda thing. They go by percentage of original price paid.

So in this case, 打七折 means you only pay 70% of the total price. This means, 30% discount in Singapore’s way of advertising. Haha!

Yup, this restaurant is like always on 70% discount. We walked past this restaurant like 1 week ago and the staff were also going “打七折啊! 打七折” LOL.

This restaurant pricing wasn’t too expensive…if you compare with Singapore’s restaurant…HAHA!

The most exx porridge is 168RMB!
Menu :D
One BIG, fat pot of crab porridge costs only 168RMB! That’s around SGD$34! Ok, it’s expensive, but it fed TEN people…Ok, nine, since Shu Min didn’t eat. HAHA!

We bought 2 BIG POTS and the 10 of us couldn’t finish it! LOL! Basically we paid around SGD$7.50 per person for premium seafood porridge. Haha. No kidding. It was good.

HUMONGOUS PORRIDGE POTS! :D
Bowls ready :D
Take 2 :D LOL!
Seafood porridge pot :D See the crab sticking out? HAHA!
The only setback for this restaurant are its teacups…The teacups are PUNY!! Fill it to the brim and it can only fill like a fifth of your mouth! -_-“ Haha! No kidding.

Massively zoomed in...HAHA!
Toy teacups and teapot...SUPER SMALL -.-" haha!
I was this close to drinking directly from the pot man…HAHA! I had to like drink 5 teacups to at least feel that my thirst is sort of quenched. Haha!

Yup, conversations were good and the fellowship over the porridge pots were lively :D Here’s a group picture of all of us :D

Supper-ers! :D
Next up is…the wintry walk back…HAHA! Since we were like walking back in the middle of the night at like 2am, the road was COMPLETELY EMPTY.

So I actually posed for Jamie’s camera in the middle of 4 road intersections…HAHAHA! #likeaboss LOL!

However, the pictures turned out to be #likeaBLUR -.- HAHAHA! Nevertheless, my effort of posing has been expended…so I shall show you the blur shots. HAHA!

In photography, such an effect is called the "bokeh" effect...if I didn't remember wrongly. haha! So yeah, Jamie zai photographer ok? LOL!

Me in the middle of the road at 2am! :D
Failed jump shot...haha!
Yup, that was my day, well spent J I’ve been sleeping really little doing up all these posts man…so please appreciate it and READ EVERY WORD. HAHAHAHA!

Till next time homies…HAHA!

No comments:

Post a Comment