Thursday 7 February 2013

It's time for healing, time to move on

This post is dedicated to a really close friend of mine that I dearly love and have many scuffles with. But with each scuffle, I'm glad we could put together a conclusion that makes us grow and learn and move on.

I guess God put us together in each other's lives for a reason :) You've taught me many things as much as I've taught you many. I'm dearly blessed by our friendship :D

It was a usual day at work in Shanghai's Venture-GES and I was assembling small parts together to be mounted on the machine.

If I wasn't talking to anyone (which is rare...LOL!), I'd either be singing, thinking or praying. This time, I was thinking...thinking a lot about this dear friend of mine.

I knew I had to convert my thinking energy to prayer energy. Wow...Physics...Energy conversion like kinetic to sound energy and all...LOL!!

I was praying and God dropped this song called "Whatever You're Doing" by Sanctus Real. I was singing this song as I continued my work and DID NOT REALIZE that it was a word for you!

When I realized that song was for you, a lil' message from heaven came with it. Let's start with the song first.

LISTEN TO THE LYRICS OF EVERY LINE and give it your UNDIVIDED ATTENTION.

I've attached the lyric video below and I've also attached the lyrics below the video. Yes, I'm obsessed with lyrics. LOL!


Download with Vixy.net

Whatever You're Doing
Sanctus Real                                   Key: C
Christian Contemporary

It's time for healing, time to move on
It's time to fix what's been broken too long
Time make right, what has been wrong
It's time to find my way to where I belong
There's a wave that's crashing over me
And all I can do is surrender

Chorus:
Whatever You're doing, inside of me
It feels like chaos
but somehow there's peace
It's hard to surrender
To what I can't see
But I'm giving in to something heavenly
Something heavenly

Time for a milestone, time to begin again
Reevaluate, who I really am
Am I doing everything
To follow Your will
Or just climbing aimlessly over these hills
So show me what it is You want from me
I give everything I surrender

Bridge:
Time to face up, clean this old house
Time to breathe in and let everything out
That I've wanted to say for so many years
Time to release all my held back tears

Chorus 2: 
Whatever You're doing, inside of me
It feels like chaos, but I believe
You're up to something bigger than me
Larger than life, something heavenly
Whatever You're doing inside of me
It feels like chaos but now I can see
This is something, bigger than me
Larger than life, something heavenly
Something heavenly

The "you", "your" and "you're" mentioned in the chorus refers to Jesus Christ...please don't be mistaken. Haha.

My first reaction to this message in a bottle from God was "My friend ain't no Christian, how is this gonna be applicable?"

This is the reply I got.

To us Christians, this song just reminds us that whatever that happens in our lives, no matter how bad, how terrible, how ugly any occurrence may be, we know that God is doing something, inside of us...

Yes it totally FEELS LIKE CHAOS...but somehow there's peace. The peace comes from our Christian understanding that above all, God is and always will be in control so long we walk according to His will (Romans 8:28)

To the non-Christian, EVERYTHING that you go through ARE ALSO GOD'S WAY OF MOULDING YOU.

C.S. Lewis said before, "Pain is God's megaphone to rouse a deaf world."

God uses the painful affairs of life to wake people up to realize that we are not created for this world.

We feel heartbreak and we long for it to disappear, we dream of a PERFECT WORLD, we dream of PERFECT RELATIONSHIPS...we dream of perfect love from a dream guy/girl that will hold us and love us for ALL WE ARE.

WHY? Why do we CRAVE PERFECTION???

It's because we were created for another world, a perfect world.

BUT THE PROBLEM IS, when non-Christians go through problems, since they don't believe that God is control and all...they react differently.

They become bitter. THEY HATE, become terrorists, become abusers. Or they CLOSE UP, become introverted, become cynical of everything and everyone and some even commit suicide.

Few non-Christians rise up through these trials and become a stronger person. Those non-Christians that make it somehow have the right principles in life that saw them through. Those principles should be pretty similar to those found in Christianity.

Ok, CONCLUSION:

1) BOTH Christians and non-Christians both suffer and go through tough times and really shitty, screwed up times in life.

The thing is, how do we respond? Where do we draw our strength from? We can draw our strength from people. But people are flawed and they will hurt you.

And people will one day die. So when the people whom you draw strength from is gone, who next?

2) This song is thus applicable to both groups - Christian and non-Christian alike...we all go through stuff like that.

BUT, the time now is for...HEALING.

IT'S TIME TO MOVE ON. It's the first few lines of the song.

The pre-chorus states "There's a wave that's crashing over me, all I can do...Is surrender"

Who will you surrender to today? Your friends? Your family? Your loved ones? Or to the one big guy that the song is talking about?

Yeah, that's the lil' message I felt impressed in my spirit.

Do give the song a listen again...over and over and let the words sink in.

I'll end of with a quote:

"Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional"

Yup, my prayers are always with you and as I've affirmed several times, I'm always here for you to tell me what you deem fit to tell me :)

Good night! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment