Tuesday 6 December 2011

ODAC BBQ!

Yet another expired post. But it definitely warrants a page on my blog :D This took place on the 21st October 2011. It's an ODAC event planned by Pumpfest XV! :D

If you still do not know, Pumpfest is my department. In ODAC, there are many departments and Pumpfest is one of 'em! :D

Yup, as this event is soooo far back, I'll have to wholly rely on the pictures to tell the story :)

The decor team's hard work!

Random pose. Lols!

All these pictures are taken in the Hall 12 sports hall / function room whatever you call it. Haha. Our event was supposed to be held there. We already booked the venue, did all the paperwork and even got down to decorating our venue WHEN....

We realized the JCRC cocked the whole thing up. They made a double booking! After we booked the area, they allowed another party (Hall 13 if I remember correctly) to book the same place on the exact date!

-__-" As an ops spec in Tekong, if I ever gave 2 companies of recruits to book out at the same timing and jammed the whole ferry operation...I think I'd take at least 1 extra. See how well I smoke out. HAHA!

In Tekong, if a company screwed up my ferry timings, I'd have given it to them. But over here, nothing, no compensation. Fine, how much do I want? Just smile and let the whole thing pass peacefully la...Haha. As much as we have a case, sometimes a little grace will make life much easier.

In the end, we shifted to a nearby function room...I don't know is it Hall 13 or 12 or whatever...the thing is, we shifted venue last minute!

And the MAIN thing is...remember the first picture? Of the massive decoration we put up?? We now had to shift the WHOLE THING to the other function room!

Someone's idea was to scotch-tape the whole collage of post-its and transport it to the next venue. I wasn't too supportive of that idea but somehow, it turned out to be the best idea! Haha. My idea of re-pasting it over there would've failed quite terribly because of the time constraint and lack of post-its.

Yup, here is our operation transfer decor!

Ops Transfer-Decor in progress...Haha

We were macam like soldiers on a parade carrying the Singapore flag...haha! You can see in the picture below Officer Vanessa regimental-ly saluting at the camera...HAHA!

"Baris! Carry FLAG!!" HAHA!

Yup, we did a successful transplant...Haha. So on to the other pictures :)

Our decor team really did an awesome job. The name tags, guest book are all super up there!

ME! :D Feminine pose I...HAHA!

If you're wondering why I'm dressed like that, our theme for this BBQ is BACK TO SKOOL!! :D So all of us donned our old school uniforms or others' school uniforms to this event!

Made us feel young again! HAHAHA! On a heavier note, I really miss my primary, secondary school days. I think I enjoyed life the most in my secondary school days...compared to poly and university. Ok, I think uni's super awesome as well...haha.

I don't know but I made tons of friends in secondary school and brought tons of them to church. I still did in poly, but much, much lesser. My gears are starting to slow...Oh well, I needa find back the previous brand of petrol I used...Finding it back slowly :)

Me & Kai Sen :)

I'm wearing Kai Sen's airforce no. 3 uniform by the way...HAHA! Just added an extra tie and name-tag to make it look civilian. Haha. Thankfully, it worked!

Me, Kai Sen & Chor Seng :)

I was trying to show how short Kai Sen's pants are in the picture above. Haha! Just a simple cross-legged pose and people will inevitably notice how hairy my manly legs are...HAHAHA!

And Chor Seng LOOKS SO SUPER NERD with the high-pitched, squeaky, scare-dy voice that says "HI! I'M CHOR SENG! PLEASE PUNCH ME COS I'M A DUMB NERD" HAHAHA!

I'm not against his looks or anything...He looks perfectly fine in everyday dressing...but in this attire, I had to restraint myself...HAHAHA! Don't you agree with me? One more picture below...HAHA!

From left to right: Ah Beng, Prefect, NERD.

We started out with games in the function room (pictured above) and then we proceeded to BBQ and we finally returned back to the function room for another round of games! :)

Pumpfest picture! :)

Take 2 :D

After the games....some random group photos...Haha.

Take 2 :)

Jump-shot! Pang Ngee looks like some small kid that was given permission to go to the playground...HAHAHAHA! :D

Pumpfest XV! :D

Logistics Officers Jonavan, Kai Sen & Chor Seng :D The ah-beng, prefect & NERD. HAHAHA!

Take 2 :D

ODAC pose :D

Yup, that's more or less about it. Had quite a lot of fun...but not FULLY FUN because we are the organizing committee! Had to make sure everything ran smoothly so we were busy running around setting up shop and setting it down.

All in all, it was a successful event but really taxing on our studies. Because it was during our quiz period and we still had to shoulder this heavy responsibility of organizing a CCA-wide (100++ pax) event.

But we had fun :) Learnt more about each other through this process :) I now know who're the fun-ones, organized-ones, judgmental-ones, pull-rank ones, insightful-ones, etc...I think I'm more of the chillax-one that still made things happen.

Yup, don't wish for too many of such events during studies! HAHA!

No comments:

Post a Comment