Sunday 19 December 2010

Testimony of Dead Raised

Many people are calling Xin Jin holy cow, angel and all...And I can't agree more...Every nook & corner of her blog talks about Jesus. Haha! But that's a good thing! :) She's really one person that inspires me in my walk, like Regina :)

Anyway I found this exceptionally inspiring post...and I bolded & underlined the most impactful statement at the end...

Testimony of Dead Raised
A Railroad Engineer Testifies

Friends, about two and a half or three years ago I was in the hospital in Philadelphia. I was an engineer on the Pennsylvania Lines, and although I had a praying wife, I had all my life been a sinful man. At this time I was very ill. I became greatly wasted. I weighed less than one hundred pounds.

Finally the doctor who was attending me said to my wife that I was dead, but she said: ‘No, he is not dead. He cannot be dead. I have prayed for him for twenty-seven years and God has promised me that he should be saved. Do you think God would let him die now after I have prayed for him for twenty-seven years and God has promised, and he is not saved?’

"Well," the doctor replied, ‘I do not know anything about that, but I know that he is dead.’ And the screen was drawn around cot, which in the hospital separates between the living and the dead.

To satisfy my wife, other physicians were brought, one after another, until seven were about the cot, and each one of them as he came up and made the examination confirmed the testimony of all who had preceded. The seven doctors said that I was dead.

Meanwhile my wife was kneeling by the side of my cot, insisting that I was not dead—that if I were dead God would bring me back, for He had promised her that I should be saved and I was not yet saved. Right there on her knees she knelt, on the hard hospital floor. She asked the nurse for a pillow and the nurse brought her a pillow upon which she kneeled.

One hour, two hours, three hours passed. The screen still stood by the cot. I was lying there still, apparently dead. Four hours, five hours, six hours, seven hours, thirteen hours passed, and all this while my wife was kneeling by the cot-side, and when people remonstrated and wished her to go away she said: ‘No, he has to be saved. God will bring him back if he is dead. He is not dead. He cannot die until he is saved.'

At the end of thirteen hours I opened my eyes, and she said: ‘What do you wish, my dear?’ And I said: ‘I wish to go home,’ and she said: ‘You shall go home.’ But when she proposed it, the doctors raised their hands in horror. They said, ‘Why, it will kill him. It will be suicide.’ She said: ‘You have had your turn. You said he was dead already. I am going to take him home.

I weigh now 246 pounds. I still run a fast train on the Pennsylvania Lines. I have been out to Minneapolis on a little vacation, telling men what Jesus can do, and I am glad to tell you what Jesus can do.

And if it is hard for you to believe, then I ask you in the words of Paul the apostle, ‘Why should it be thought a thing incredible with you, that God should raise the dead?’ (Acts 26: 8). If such an occurrence is rare, then it is equally rare that a woman should pray like that and believe God. God still answers prayer for those who trust Him.

(John R. Rice, “Prayer—Asking and Receiving,” Wheaton, IL: Sword of the Lord Publishers, 1942, pp. 269, 270.)

More testimonies of dead raised

James 1:3-4 “Because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.”

Why are miracles rare? Because it's miraculously rare to see people on their knees in desperation. The rareness of miracles actually reflect the rareness of our desperate prayers!

Well, I must say that that's rare in my life too...Sadly.

God I want to be an anomaly. Help me for my spirit is utterly weak; so weak that the flesh has triumphed over it.

No comments:

Post a Comment