Thursday 2 December 2010

Flying tomorrow! :)

I'll be leaving for my first ever mission trip with my dad tomorrow. We're heading to Philippines, Tacloban! :) We come under the umbrella of my dad's ministry...Touching Young Lives International which my dad founded some years back.

This ministry is going strong and it is funding many works, hitting 100 works soon. My dad's ministry comprises mainly of businessman who are loaded...And I mean really loaded. Haha. Cos the offerings they give on the average are four figure sums...5 figure sums are not that uncommon.

My dad's ministry operates only in countries where our Singapore Dollar is multiplied many fold. By just giving S$100 a month, we can fund one committed pastor in some ulu village...

Every month he will organise mission trips down to the churches that he's supporting. All the donors will then form a team to go up to the different churches they have been funding to preach and minister there.

Such trips are made not only to bless the people there, but also to "spot check" on the leaders that they're funding...to see if they're doing their job properly...Haha.

So yup, basically that's how my dad's ministry operates.

I'm going up with my dad, uncle Chris Wong (my dad's friend) and my NS friend, Mark Leong tomorrow! :)

We'll (Me & Mark) will be leading...
> Children's programme - lead games, share bible stories & give them food
> Guitar workshop - Teach guitar! :)
> Lead songs and share testimonies

Getting excited already :)

I really pray that God will use us mightily and that I might experience God again through this trip as my spiritual life thus far has been pretty dry.

I pray that this trip will open up my eyes to see what God is doing beyond my little world of "Christianity" in Singapore.

I also pray that upon seeing the hunger for God that the people there possess, I will once again be inspired to be more desperate for God and not to take my privileges for granted...such as religious freedom, parents driving me to church, etc...

Above all, I pray that God will be with us throughout this trip.

I'll be back next Tuesday 7/12/2010. Keep me in prayer & see you! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment