Thursday 16 December 2010

Popo's Birthday!

23rd November is a very important day. For without that day the day of my existence would not have existed. Haha!

It's my grandmother's (My mum's mum) birthday! :)

We all went to kuishinbo, a Jap buffet restaurant @ Suntec :) It wasn't cheap...no where near cheap...And the buffet spread was extravagant :D

 
My sis & I :)

I went there straight from camp :D Thus the assault/sec comd bag I'm carrying...haha. And I didn't eat lunch that day...haha. It wasn't on purpose so that I could eat more for the dinner...But it was because Mark (my NS friend) and I wanted to fast lunch and pray up for our mission trip so I abstained from the cookhouse or canteen during lunch...

However, Mark buay tahan...he went to have his lunch... -_-" But I decided to hold my fast-lunch position...but ended up not praying...So basically, I skipped lunch...HAHA!

Yup, without further ado, I attacked the buffet spread. :D

Clockwise from me, Jethro, Joel & Jeravan :D

Our convos centred around army and church. Was chatting with Joel about his past army life and his newfound uni life...And also catched up Jethro on his church & guitar life...Was quite sad to hear that his church (Trinity @ Adam) has closed down cell groups and told their members to arrange their own cell meetings.

Because of that Jethro is no longer attending church regularly. Because of that, his guitar has also been rarely touched. Haha.

I was quite surprised that such an established church like Trinity would make such a silly move to close down cell groups...His cell leader told him "You all want to meet then ownself plan your own meetings lor"

If what Jethro claims is true...then Trinity @ Adam's is really rabak. Haha. Wonder what they're thinking man...cell groups are like families are to the population. You can have a country with population of 5mil...But what groups or makes the population are the families...the bedrock of society. Same for cell groups...they are the bedrock of the church.

Anyway, I encouraged him to be faithful and maybe find another church or something...Here's a close up pic with him :D

Me & Jethro

He usually wears contact lenses...and he looks much handsomer in contacts...But recently he's got some growth in the ceiling of his eye socket...so wearing contact lenses will aggravate that foreign body...So he'll no longer be wearing contacts...Sadly.

But, Jethro, you're still handsome la...even with specs. Haha.

After that, Uncle Francis came over to our table and the topic changed to running. Uncle Francis is a runner...he runs distances like 48km and all...and he doesn't run as and when...he runs regularly!

So off were talking about running and all...I was telling him about my 10km run...of which I clocked 50mins...same time as Uncle Francis...haha.

They continued rattling about running and he began to show us pictures he took during his marathons and all...haha.

Finally, it was the cake cutting session! :D My beautiful grandmother sat with her cake and posed :D

Popo! :)

 
Family shot with Popo :D

My grandma isn't like most grandmas...Some grandmas are really complainy and gossipy and full of cynicism and self-pity. But my grandma is really generous, selfless and always super loving. She doesn't bad mouth people or cause strife with her rantings of insecurity like some grandparents...haha.

Because of her loving nature...she still has the "power" to gather her whole family together for events like these...Usually in big family outings, many people will go missing, this and that family will not be free...The turn up will usually be quite pathetic...the youths will not go, the parents will be busy and all...

But not for my mum's side :D Check out the turn out for her birthday! :D

 
My mum's family! :) With their spouses & kids!

It really is love that holds a family together...Most families will lose it and not treasure moments like these...And when their parents/grandparents are gone...then they try to "honour the dead" and pray to their graves and all...

Come on...Cherish them now and not after! That's the stupid thing about animistic religions...coming up with so many rules for "honouring" the dead.

Ok, a basic dignified funeral and burial will suffice. But not going down to pray to them and make wishes and all...Ok, I shall stop my angsty pontifications...Haha.

Happy Birthday Popo! May you live to see your great-grandchildren! :D Hints hints.......LOLS!

No comments:

Post a Comment