Thursday 10 October 2013

New blog URL & the history of "Jonny"

For those reading this post now, you're either an ardent follower of my blog or you found my blog through google. Haha.

Either way, hello! :D Haha!

If you didn't realize, I changed my blog URL from historymakers-jonavanlee.blogspot.sg to historymakers-jonnyboy.blogspot.sg.

Why?

Because recently, I was invited to pledge my blog to the Singapore Memory Project (SMP). Here's an excerpt of their invitation:

"On behalf of the National Library Board (NLB), we would like to invite you to pledge your blog to the Singapore Memory Project (SMP)."

I checked out their website, saw what other bloggers had to say, read through the terms and conditions, and decided only to pledge certain posts in my blog after reading their terms & conditions because one of them stated:

"You agree not to post on the SMP Portal any memories, content or any other materials whatsoever that is or could appear to be: untrue, misleading, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortious, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, invasive to another person's privacy or protected data, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable;"

Most of my posts contain very much of my personal opinions and some of them are highly controversial, like really. LOL. So yeah, they are debatable and objectionable depending on your perspective and how you perceive and contextually interpret truth.

So, because I've agreed to share some of my posts on the site, I thought putting my name in my blog URL won't be that wise.

I'd like to keep things semi-anonymous so that those who want to find me, can, and those that don't, won't.

So yeah, that's why I decided to change my blog URL :D

Anyway, for the history of the term "Jonny Boy" it has been "used" by me and on me several times. Lemme trace the history of this nickname:

Around year 2008 - 2009: I was playing Pets Society on Facebook. Yes I know, don't judge me. I just entered NS. LOL!

That was when I randomly nicknamed my pet "JonnyBoyJunior" :D Here's a picture of JonnyBoyJunior! (Yes, there is a Pet's Society album in my facebook albums..LOL)

I still think he's really cute :D LOL!

JonnyBoyJunior playing his electric guitar! :D LOL
I think that was the very first occurrence of the nickname "JonnyBoy" in my life. And it had to make its debut in PET'S SOCIETY -.- LOL!

Also around 2008 - 2009 period, when I was still being mentored by a most awesome, articulate and eloquently cogent ministry leader - Lee Cai Jie - he was calling me "Jonny".

I was also in the ministry he started - Fish4men. One of the most essential ministries that was not well supported by the church :( He was the sole person who called me "Jonny" in church. Haha.

Subsequently, this nickname wasn't really used (other than Cai Jie) until this year, year 2013. Where miss bff and I nicknamed each other "Xuanny" & "Jonny". Like Cai Jie, she was also the sole person to address me as "Jonny" or "JonnyBoy". Haha.

From there, this nickname was revived and I went on to nickname my animal avatar (the cute doe/deer in 1st place below) on Fun Run "jonnyboy..."

My fun run avatar's the doe (deer) in the 1st place. LOL! My doe's nick? jonnyboy..."
Stop judging me! A lot of my friends my age and older also play Fun Run ok? LOL! Anyway, my rating is 5200+ now :D HAHAHA! Kthxbye.

But nothing compared to my sister's rating of 12000+. A few of my other friends like Yong Da & Kelvin also has an imba rating of 12000+ and 13000+ respectively. HAHA! Ok can.

So yeah, that's the brief history of my nickname "Jonny" or "JonnyBoy". LOL.

Anyway, I was free enough to type this post because I came for a tutorial class that I already attended on Monday... -_-" Bravo me. So while waiting to lunch with my friends, I ended up blogging. Kthxbye.

Yup, keep my studies and relationships in prayer! Really need them now :D Haha! Ok, back to the grind...

No comments:

Post a Comment