Friday 20 September 2013

#NowPlaying

Many songs have been speaking to me this week and for the past week. Here's a few:

1) "Every Good Thing" by The Afters.

This is officially my favourite song now. Its upbeat, light and happy tune never fails to put a smile on my face :)




2) "The Words I Would Say" by Sidewalk Prophets.

This song is really what I would tell all my friends and loved ones if I could in a song. Love the chorus:

Be strong in the Lord and never give up hope.
You're gonna do great things, I already know
God's got his hand on you so don't live life in fear
Forgive and forget but don't forget why you're here
Take your time and pray
These are the words I would say




3) "Love Does" by Brandon Heath

This song reassuringly reminds me that though no one sees all the good that you're doing, but love does - but God does. Here's a part of this song's awesome lyrics:

Nobody knows why your heart is broken
Nobobdy cries while your prayers are going u-p
But love does
Nobody walks on the road you're paving
Nobody sees all the souls you're saving o-h
But love does




4) "Live Like That" by Sidewalk Prophets

The lyrics really speaks of how I wanna live. Awesome lyrics. Bolded and underlined the one line that captures the truth of this song that has hit me.

I wanna live like that and give it all I have
So that everything I say and do points to You
If love is who I am, then this is where I stand
Recklessly abandoned, never holding back
I wanna live like that



Yup, hope these songs have breathed life into you one way or another. I'd like to leave us with a Bible verse:

1 Timothy 6:12
"Fight the good fight for the true faith. Hold tightly to the eternal life to which God has called you, which you have confessed so well before many witnesses"

No comments:

Post a Comment