Tuesday 13 January 2015

I Simply Live for You...this 2015

I was asking God what is His direction for me in 2015 and instead of speaking a word, He dropped me a few questions:

“Why did I promote you to become a prominent leader in Bethel? You were promoted to be a cell leader, worship leader, Fish4men leader, etc. Did you have big dreams or ambition of becoming any of that? Were you given any dream or vision to become any of those?”

As I answered, I knew what God was hitting at. I did not even think of becoming a cell leader or worship leader or be in any leadership position in church. I had no big dreams or holy vision of becoming any of that. But how did I land up in those positions? Why was I promoted to those positions?

Because…I SIMPLY LIVED. I simply loved, I simply laughed, I simply served.

Yes, it is good to have dreams and seek God for greater vision, but it is another to wait on God’s timing…and while waiting, to simply live, love, laugh, learn and serve.

Such is my direction for this year: To simply live.

God then dropped one of my favourite worship songs sang in my Sunday school a long, long time ago: “I Simply Live for You” by Hillsong released in year 2000.



With that, God also spoke to me to serve in ministry again in Heart of God Church, to simply live and to simply serve in His house, again.

This is still a season of surrender, of submission and of humility for me. God is killing the air bubbles in the miry clay of my life.

Yes, He is telling me to put aside the grievances I have against my leaders. He keeps reminding me that we are all imperfect, needy and insecure and are all on this journey of sanctification.

So instead of faulting them, I need to love them. For only love changes hearts. All my logic and arguments - however correct they may be - will only hit the walls of their defense because only love can penetrate the human heart.

So we'll see how the serving thing goes and how God is gonna use that to once again restore my love and innocence and "simply live" kinda living.

The last thing God spoke to me was about my job. He said that He’d bless me in whatever job I put my hands to, as long as I do my work with Godly principles, such as those expounded by Ps Benny Ho in “Why in the world do we work?”

So yeah, this is the general direction for my 2015 this year.

Thank You Lord for Your guidance and assurance every year, every season, every moment, every heartbeat. As I inch forward, may Your grace catch me where I falter and may Your love strengthen me when I am drained.

Selah.

No comments:

Post a Comment