Sunday 13 January 2013

Shanghai Day 2 & 3 :D

Ok, our first day in Shanghai was pretty fun. The novelty is still there for now...but soon enough, I think we will be bored of Shanghai...LOL.

Anyway, this is how our day 2 started...with Miss Jamie Lee preparing breakfast for us :D Ham + cheese + tomato sandwich...haha.

Jamie preparing breakfast :D
If you're wondering what the rest were doing, here's what they're doing...

Game playing...
HAHA! If you're wondering what was I doing...I was still....SLEEPING :D HAHAHA! Anyway, if you think we're abusing our dear Jamie, NO OK?! That was the first and last time she prepared breakfast! LOL LOL!

So, after breakfast...as usual, we'll go out to play and eat! :D Here's a random shot of Chor Seng & I heading to our nearest metro station - 世纪公园 :D

Me & Chor Seng on the streets
Their metro system works much like our MRT system in Singapore. Shanghai's metro network is much more complex though...with  MANY LINES or 号线.

Here's a random photo taken by me - a reflection of all of us sitting in the train :D Yes, I blurred out those 2 other Chinese commuters on purpose...haha!

The 5 of us on the train :D

We're actually heading to some mall to activate our wifi and at the same time get Soon Hwee's laptop power adaptor which he forgot to bring over here...LOL.

I totally forgot what stop we alighted at to get those stuff...LOL! Anyway, while tryna find the place, we got a lil' too hungry and decided to stop at a nearby Japanese restaurant for lunch :)

Me posing with my Chawanmushi :)
Jamie's bowl of noodles...ours is around the same...just that, I gobbled mine halfway before wanting to Instagram it...LOL!
Oh, here's the restaurant name...盛贺美...LOL! Yup, that's Soon Hwee & myself outside the restaurant :D

Soon Hwee & I with a full tummy outside Sheng He Mei restaurant... :D
Yup, after settling our wifi stuff and after Soon Hwee ordered his power adaptor for his laptop which wasn't available in the store....

...we went to the Shanghai Bund! :D Otherwise known as the Bund or 上海外滩. It's like Clarke Quay basically. It's by the river with a lot of colonial, historical buildings and all...

We alighted at 东南京路 station and walked to the Bund :D When we stepped out of the metro station, we thought we were in Tokyo!!

The view right outside 东南京路地铁站
It was a bustling cluster of retail outlets and skyscrapers. Zhi Sheng turned and saw some Taiwanese chicken chop stall and he immediately darted over and got a packet...haha

Zhi Sheng, Soon Hwee & I Taiwan-ese chicken chopping...LOL!
Soon Hwee, Zhi Sheng, Me & Chor Seng with the awesome glow of the buildings in the background :D
Take 2 with Jamie :)
Take 3 :D
By the way, that's nowhere near the Bund yet...LOL! It's still a 10 to 15 minute walk away...which is actually VERY NEAR, but in such wintry conditions with SUPER COLD WIND BLOWING AGAINST YOUR FACE, it's quite a challenge...really. Haha!

On the way there...Chor Seng saw some cutesy, old telephone booth and decided to camwhore there...So yup...here's a picture of me :D

I'm at a payphone, trying to call home, all the way from Shanghai China...LOL
Another random picture by the payphone with Jamie :D
We finally arrived at the Bund and the first thing we took note and took picture of was the lover's wall :D It's a whole wall filled with colourful potted plants :) A really pretty sight :D

The Lover's wall @ the Bund :D
The five of us at the Lover's wall :D
Take 2 :D
The guys :D
One of the landmark, famous buildings there is the Oriental Pearl Radio & TV Tower also known as 东方明珠塔...which is the spiky, slender and tall building you see in the background in the next 4 pictures below :D

Me with the beautiful Bund backdrop :D
Take 2 :D
Take 3 :)
The awesome night view of the skyscrapers at 陆家嘴
After all the pictures and walking and exploring, our tummys got us to explore the area for food...LOL! As usual, we'll just anyhow walk to some nearest restaurant or eatery and if we find the pricing reasonable, we'll whack :D LOL!

So we whacked our way into this restaurant which I also forgot the name...LOL! It's a restaurant at the Bund area la basically...haha! The thing about this restaurant is...IT HAS FANTASTIC HEATING SYSTEM.

You'll be looking for a restaurant with that with temperatures fluctuating around zero degrees. Haha. Our hands and faces were numb after walking the whole stretch from the metro station to the whole stretch of the Bund taking photos. Haha

Chor Seng, Zhi Sheng, Jamie & I :D
I ordered porridge there...I don't know why but I had a lil' craving for porridge then...and the price of the porridge is SUPER CHEAP. Haha. So here's a hungry me pouring whatever's left in the bowl into my mouth :D

Drinking porridge, CHINA STYLE :D
Yup, after that meal and after a bit of shopping around the Bund and 南京路 area, we went back to settle our groceries shopping :D

There is a mega-mart right beside our house! It's just a 5 minute walk away :D It's called century mart or 世纪联华 as shown below...haha!

Soon Hwee & I with our Century Mart bags...LOL
The weird thing about supermarkets here is that, we're NOT ALLOWED to bring our bags in... -.-" Sling bags are fine, bag-packs are not...double -.-" haha

So guess what? That century mart bag Soon Hwee and I are carrying above is actually the bag that is keeping our bags -.-" LOL!

Yes, our bags are locked inside that bag. This is to prevent us from stealing items by sneakily putting stuff into our bags when they're not looking...haha

Yeah, after the grocery shopping, it's lights out and hello day 3 :D

Day 3 started out with 2 Jedi-wannabes Soon Hwee & Zhi Sheng...LOL!

Jedi-style fighting in morning suits...LOL!
If you're wondering what those "swords" or "light sabres" are, they're tubes...Vacuum cleaner tubes...LOL! We bought it during our grocery shopping the night before...haha. So here's a sexy me with the new vacuum tube draped round me :D LOL!

Vacuum tube + letter of warranty :D
Me with the vacuum cleaner...LOL
Yes, I'm the vacuum man. I really can't stand the dustiness of the whole house! After this vacuum came in, I've cleaned the whole house so much more effectively...haha.

AND YES, I DO THE HOUSEWORK OK??? I've been cleaning up the toilet and kitchen and vacuum-ing and mopping up the whole house...haha.

Putting aside my bragging about my servanthood in the house....HAHA! We went out for lunch :) We went to collect Soon Hwee's laptop power adaptor I think...haha

As usual, we randomly dropped by some restaurant/eatery to have our meals settled and I must say, we made a FANTASTIC choice this time round :D

Me with my SUPER FILLING 25元 套餐
We randomly dropped by to eat at this fast food restaurant called 老娘舅中式餐. To the mandarin-illiterate, it's lao niang jiu chinese fast food. Haha.

IT'S FANTASTIC! I bought some pork belly or pork whatever meal...LOL...which turned out to be awesomely fantastic :D

Their sides - broccoli and cabbage + ONE BIG BOWL OF CHAWANMUSHI - was super filling!! After I finished my massive bowl of jap egg, I was FULL!!

FOR ONCE I WAS FULL!! LOL LOL! For all the other meals, I've been finishing up Jamie's leftovers and sometimes Soon Hwee's leftovers...HAHAHA!

For my first 2 days in Shanghai, I was NEVER HUNGRY, NEVER FULL. That was my eating mode...LOL LOL!

I have no idea why. My roomies will complain "Eh, I hungry liao" and I'll be like..."Oh...I'm ok, but if you want, go eat lor" and I'll be one eating the most and not feeling full after everything. HAHA!

I'm afraid I got some worm in my body...LOL LOL! But they tell me it's just a winter thing...haha! I guess so :D LOL!

Yup...my blogging rate is REALLY SLOW because re-counting and typing all these out takes A LOT OF TIME and I've been spending a lot of time shopping, playing and doing all sorts of fun stuff in Shanghai which I will not get to do back in Singapore :D

I simply love the autonomy here. Haha. BUT, work's starting soon! This coming Monday (1 day's time) is the first day of our work :( I'm not done playing! :( Haha!

Anyway, this is the end of day 3...LOL. After lunch we went on a failed shopping escapade and went back to sleep emo-ly :( LOL!

Day 4 and 5 are much more exciting! :) Stay tuned :D

No comments:

Post a Comment